PDA

View Full Version : rewinded and overhaul compressor amps

faizsid
30-08-2007, 03:01 PM
Hi, I had overhaul a rewinded compressor flushed the system with nitrogen and changed the drier vaccumed and gas charged. But I found the amps has variation of 2.5/3 amps. It is not stead, the compressor full load 43 amps. The gas pressure and oil pressure are normal without variation only amps variation. Please suggest why only compressor amps vairate. Thanks

Lowrider
30-08-2007, 08:49 PM
Do you mean the amperage fluctuates or that there's a difference between them?

Any way, a rewounded and overhauled compressor will usually need some time to set (bearings and so).

What kind of compressor is it?

ckone180
01-09-2007, 07:37 PM
Hi, I had overhaul a rewinded compressor flushed the system with nitrogen and changed the drier vaccumed and gas charged. But I found the amps has variation of 2.5/3 amps. It is not stead, the compressor full load 43 amps. The gas pressure and oil pressure are normal without variation only amps variation. Please suggest why only compressor amps vairate. Thanks

More information would be helpful, such as the time between the fluctuations, what type of meter you are using to read the amps, and pressures corresponding to the amp fluctuations. It appears on the surface to be normal, remember the compressor will work harder at times dependent on the load of the unit. Amp increase typically results from increased load. If the FLA is 43 and the unit runs between 40-43, you should not have to worry. Good luck, keep us posted.