PDA

View Full Version : Lae MDCU 11 Controller

mike7
29-08-2007, 11:57 PM
Hi everyone!
This is my very first post.
I'm working on a panel that has an old Lae MCDU11 controller. I need to program the settings but I don't have the instructions. I've tried the internet such as Lae.com, Hawco.co.uk, Thermofrost Cryo, etc. but with no results.
Can anyone please help.
Mike7.
Thankyou

Latte
30-08-2007, 12:05 AM
Mike7

Controller is not one that immediately rings a bell. Normally with these you puch and hold in this order :-
bottom right - top left - top right.
That normally gets you into the parameters, Set point high, set point low etc. Can you describe the controller and what application is it on and then should be able to give you all the details you need
Regards

Fatboy

mike7
30-08-2007, 12:33 AM
Hi Fatboy,
Thanks for the reply.
The application is for a cold room, the controller controls fan, compressor and defrost. It has two probe readings. One for room temperature and the other for evaporator temperature.
It has four keys. The two on the right have arrows, the upper pointing up and the lower pointing down. The two on the left has "set" on the upper key and defrost on the lower key which has the symbol of a melting icicle. The four keys are colored white/orange.
Does this help?
Mike7

walden
30-08-2007, 07:58 AM
I have details of this controller and how to set it up. Contact me by PM or tell us an email address and I'll get you a copy of my instructions.

mike7
01-09-2007, 06:01 PM
Hi Walden
Just to let you know received the instructions and managed to program the controller.
Job well done!
Thanks again.
Mike7:)

knight rider
03-09-2007, 03:32 PM
thanks walden :)
recived the info in the post
hope i can return the favour

paulwild
03-09-2007, 08:13 PM
hi, could you possibly also send me the details of this controller thanks

paul wild

walden
04-09-2007, 09:12 AM
Paul, no problem if you send me a PM with your email or postal address I'll send you the information. These instructions could become as popular as Harry Potter!

pactor
13-02-2008, 12:01 AM
Does anyone still remember what buttons to press to get access to the parameter settings of the Lae MDCU 11 Controller. Its stuck on a range of -15 to -25 and I wanted to be able to set it to +1 to 5 range.

Thanks for any help.

Brian_UK
13-02-2008, 01:00 AM
Hi Pactor and welcome.

There's a download of the instructions available here...

http://hawcorefrige-demo.lablateral.com/cms/assets/lae/mcdu11.pdf

hopefully it will help.

pactor
13-02-2008, 08:31 PM
Thanks very much for the info, it worked lovely.

Mark

richardb14
18-02-2008, 12:29 AM
are the parameters not the same as cdc12?

but iirc you have to switch it off, hold the two right hand buttons down then switch back on to access parameters - I still have one kicking about somewhere, they were pretty good in their day

S_Line
13-10-2008, 10:55 AM
Another happy engineer :)
Thanks for posting up the link. :D

Funny thing is, on LAE website it isnt listed,
you also need to log onto LAE website to download any instructions in the first place.
Not very Good.

Hawco saves the day.

friging hell
17-11-2008, 08:42 AM
If you look on the Foster website you'll find a download for Lae MCDU11 and CDC 12 with their settings (cooler and freezer).