PDA

View Full Version : Why Is It That...?

Brian_UK
29-08-2007, 10:39 PM
Why is it that:-

…when I’m driving my van on the main road, with no-one behind me, a car driver coming from a side turning will rush out to get in front of me instead of waiting a few moments for the clear road behind?

…having got the road in front of me the driver will then slowly accelerate causing me to hit the brakes and reduce speed by about 20mph?

… the driver will not reach the speed limit? He appears to have but one speed available to his modern car – 38mph. This he will hold through 40mph, 60mph and 30mph speed limit areas.

…my screen wash bottle runs out just after the biggest swarm of bugs ever seen in the world appears in front of me?

…when it’s a good night for fishing the fish take the night off?

monkey spanners
29-08-2007, 10:51 PM
They make vans that will go faster than 38mph???
What will they think of next!

I carry an old 5L coil cleaner bottle for screenwash in the van so i can forget to fill that up as well LOL

Jon

chillin out
29-08-2007, 10:56 PM
38mph. This he will hold through 40mph, 60mph and 30mph speed limit areas.
This is what bugs the hell out of me.

Fair enough if some people don't want to drive the speed limit in a 40,50,60 or 70mph zone.... but holding 38mph though a 30 zone!!!!!! these people want shot!!!!

Even I do 30 in a 30 zone!!

Old folk and females should get the bus.

Chillin:):)

expat
30-08-2007, 11:03 AM
If those two females in your avatar are taking the bus then so am I:)

bozicaleksandar
05-10-2007, 04:07 PM

…when I’m driving my van on the main road, with no-one behind me, a car driver coming from a side turning will rush out to get in front of me instead of waiting a few moments for the clear road behind?
…having got the road in front of me the driver will then slowly accelerate causing me to hit the brakes and reduce speed by about 20mph?
… the driver will not reach the speed limit? He appears to have but one speed available to his modern car – 38mph. This he will hold through 40mph, 60mph and 30mph speed limit areas.Why is it that:-

…my screen wash bottle runs out just after the biggest swarm of bugs ever seen in the world appears in front of me?Why is it that:-

…when it’s a good night for fishing the fish take the night off?
Aleksandar again.
Try to answer second question.
Sorry,but my opinion is, about fish,if you joke,that the fish go to the night bar.Imagine that all day big fish is hangry and want to eat small fish,because small fish get yourself a rest for a while(go to bar).
I am joking.
Continue with story,but now good thing.When small fish off,You must wait and hope in order to cautch
big fish.Fishing relax that will help you to get big
fish.You must wait and strong belive with all knowledge you have about fishing and nature(feel the river or lake or sea,feel the air,temperature,wind and all in nature you can feel and strong belive).Never
forget to try find a places where human wasn't before,
that will help you to feel nature.Find where tree is cut and fall in the river.Wait....
I am fishing in my country like that.
Aleksandar.

PaulZ
08-10-2007, 01:55 PM
Hi Brian
have you heard of Murphy his law may explain your questions

Brian_UK
08-10-2007, 09:49 PM
That is very true Paul, you could be right.

The Red Krawler
09-10-2007, 09:52 AM
Murphy was an optimist.