PDA

View Full Version : Hullo to all.

Mr G Young
29-08-2007, 09:44 PM
Hi to all of you out there chugging along in the Air conditioning and Refrigeration industry. I am about to embark on an NVQ 2 course in Air conditioning and Refrigeration. I am leaving the services in 2009 and have been employed in vehicle mechanics branch for the last 15 years. I hold a City and Guilds 2078 refrigerant handling certificate and have undergone some formal training in the subject while in the service but as it was not affiliated to an NVQ I have no formal qualifications. Hence the NVQ 2 course. My questions are as follows.
1. I am informed the 2078 cert has no end date, I was issued mine in Dec 2000. Is this correct?
2. Do you need any formal qualifications to service/re-charge vehicle air condition systems?
3. Finally i have no formal qualifications in single phase electrical systems, however I have a vast amount of experience in this field. Realistically what electrical qualifications are required to install the wiring on a new system or work on the wiring on existing systems?
Regards.

Mr G Young.
Plymouth, Devon.

taz24
29-08-2007, 10:20 PM
1. I am informed the 2078 cert has no end date, I was issued mine in Dec 2000. Is this correct?

Yes as long as there are no new refrigerants invented and as long as you don't get prosecuted and have your qual removed from you, the qual has no end date.

2. Do you need any formal qualifications to service/re-charge vehicle air condition systems?

No not at the moment.

3. Finally i have no formal qualifications in single phase electrical systems, however I have a vast amount of experience in this field. Realistically what electrical qualifications are required to install the wiring on a new system or work on the wiring on existing systems?
Regards.

None.
Comercial electrics requires you to be competant.
If you are competant you should be ok.
16th edition would help and don't mess with house wireing unless you get part P certified.
Electrics can be a mine field.
But competant persons covers you.

Mr G Young.
Plymouth, Devon.

taz