PDA

View Full Version : some one help please

rsstoned
29-08-2007, 01:17 PM
ok first off hi to everyone im not an engineer or anything i joined so i could get some help from you guys..my name is roger and im disabled..im trying to make a silent air compressor using a fridge freezer motor..ive taken the motor out and fitted it to the compressor and it wont start.. so i put the plug on just the motor and it still wont work here are a few pics to show what i mean..the stat wires were goint to it but i took them off as didnt need the stat and interior light all im trying to do is get it to run constantly as the pressure swich on the compressor will shut it off when needed... any help would be very helpfull please..the drawing shows the relay and how it was wired the yellow brown and blue were exactly how it was insitue only the stat wires are not there an i forgot where they went anyway .. hope ya can help..thanks

rsstoned
29-08-2007, 01:24 PM
the fridge motor is a matsu****a sd51c1010way5 r134a

taz24
29-08-2007, 03:09 PM
any help would be very helpfull please..the drawing shows the relay and how it was wired the yellow brown and blue were exactly how it was insitue only the stat wires are not there an i forgot where they went anyway .. hope ya can help..thanks

Hello and welcome.
Your post brings up an issue that I personally have trouble with.
The issue is do we give advice to someone wanting help who realy should not be working on the equipment in the first place:D.
If you do something wrong am I liable because I told you what do?

Advice I would give to you is when you disconected the stat wiring did you reconect any wires in their place.
The stat wires carry live to it and then back to the comp. The feed that fed the comp from the stat now has no feed to it if you have not deliberately conected one.

The live and neutral on the drawing will be live and neutral to the electric box you need to find the supply to the comp and bridge the live to that (shorting out the circuit of the stat).

Dont hurt yourself and if anyonre asks my name is

Mmmmm taz thinks for a moment before giving his name.:)
Cheers taz.

rsstoned
29-08-2007, 04:05 PM
yes sorted taz your right about your issues too ...altho i do have a basic genral knowlage of electrics ect but even i had the sence not to do somthing im not sure of hence this post .. what youve said makes perect sense as the relay is just basicaly a swich which is tripped on and off by the stat.. i didnt conect anything else to the wiring box and can rember there was a brown wire blue wire and a black comming from the stat to the box but not sure on which terminals so havent and wont attempt a bridge untill im sure which ones to bridge..hence the drawing showing the relay number so if any of you guys know that relay you could help..

rsstoned
29-08-2007, 04:36 PM
all sorted and working fine..thanks taz for your help just needed the bridge to sort it out couple of secs with a meter showed me which one.. thanks again for all your help cheers roger...

taz24
29-08-2007, 08:46 PM
all sorted and working fine..thanks taz for your help just needed the bridge to sort it out couple of secs with a meter showed me which one.. thanks again for all your help cheers roger...

Your welcome.
Glad you sorted it.

Cheers taz.

slingblade
30-08-2007, 03:51 PM
fridge freezer motor..ive taken the motor out and fitted it to the compressor and it wont start..

Where did you put the gas?

Brian_UK
30-08-2007, 11:43 PM
Where did you put the gas?I didn't like to ask ;)