PDA

View Full Version : Early Death!

daddymac
29-08-2007, 12:41 PM
A Daikin RZQ100/FCQ100 system I installed just over a year ago has just failed with a DTE compressor! The fan-coil and condensing unit were on the same level with a 15m run of pipework 2 metres above the pair. I'm probably going to replace the condensing unit complete to make things easy (plus I have one).
The BIG question is... what would have caused it to fail? The system was thoroughly vacced out and pressure tested. It doesn't appear to have leaked. Also, what's the best practice for checking for acid and cleaning up the pipework!
Any help as I'm Cheesed off!!! :mad:

taz24
29-08-2007, 02:47 PM
The BIG question is... what would have caused it to fail? The system was thoroughly vacced out and pressure tested. It doesn't appear to have leaked. Also, what's the best practice for checking for acid and cleaning up the pipework!
Any help as I'm Cheesed off!!! :mad:

Drain some of the oil off and test with an oil test kit that you can get from any fridge wholesaler.

Visualy check the paintwork on the comp and see if it is discoloured due to over heating, then just ensure you purge with OFN when unbrazeing and rebrazeing the old and new comps.

Cheers taz.

basti
29-08-2007, 03:47 PM
Hello!

Are there any error codes in remote controller (if it's wired model ?)

daddymac
30-08-2007, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the replys, I'm going on site today for a proper look! Will let you know what I find! DM:)

daddymac
30-08-2007, 11:18 AM
The Compressor is well and truly shot, all three windings are DTE! Daikin happy to replace it and inverter board under warranty... but they can't say why it failed. In The meantime, I'd appreciate some advice on compressor removal procedure for a Daikin RZQ100. Never done one like this! :eek:

Many Thanks

DM