PDA

View Full Version : LG aircon systems good or bad

frosty74
28-08-2007, 11:31 AM
i worked with LG alot in the uk mainly service on them i now live in australia perth and i am now running my own business i have always heard bad comments on LG and i am wondering whether to bother marketing them.
i found them not very reliable in the uk but i havent really worked on them much since or heard much about them are they better now than what they where?
what is there after sales services like?
any feed back would be appreciated

kind regards

mark:)

Latte
28-08-2007, 06:45 PM
Dont know if the Aus ones are built down under or not but for a gerenral opinion on LG just search through the A/C Forum. Plenty of reading to be had and no point of going over it again

Happy Reading

Fatboy

fridge doctor
28-08-2007, 06:48 PM
Hi Mark,

Back in the UK where I had my own business, I opted to use LG. The truth is that the likes of Thermofrost Cryo were bringing them in at silly prices. We were told that this was a good product but LG needed to get a strong foothold in the marketplace and undercutting competition by a large margin was how they had chosen to do it.

I bought and installed many of their cassettes and wall splits and never had a single problem with any of them. Like you however, now that I am in the Middle East (Europe in name only) I find that the units I am servicing are not as good as I had perceived. And of course the LG strategy has worked in that they are now a so-called market leader, commanding the upper end of the mid range priced systems. Maybe the problem is down to poor installation, it is hard to say.... but I can't believe that a manufacturer of LG's standing would deliberately allow standards to fall so I am very uncertain, but uncertain enough not to recommend them anymore.

ps, Two of my own AC's are LG artcool, 2 years old now but spot on ?

Andy W
30-08-2007, 04:25 PM
I have previously posted lots of problems that I have encountered with LG, nowadays they seem better and the LG tech Hendrag on this forum is well thought of and has a good knowledge of the product and offers back up which we never had before with his predecessor who in my opinion did LG a lot of damage, if LG had at any point apologised to me and offered help with the problems that I have had I may of still been using them today instead I have exclusively installed Fujitsu for the last 18 / 24 months now and LG have lost out on tens of thousand of pounds of orders.

RickSter
01-09-2007, 07:33 AM
The company I work for sells them and we do some warranty on the products we sell and I have also done warranty on York , MHI , Carrier , and Fujitsu. I have found them to be mid range in the market and quite reliable on the whole. Their product backup is getting better all the time.

I hope this helps.

Rick