PDA

View Full Version : Is my FF beyond repair

andy_lanc
28-08-2007, 08:27 AM
Hi, my integrated FF appears to have a small crack in the white inside. There is a build up of pressure in the white plastic that appears to have swolen the plastic. The fridge is not working but the freezer is fine. When I press the white plastic it sounds like gas is escaping from the crack into the fridge and there is a funny (presume gas-like) smell. Any ideas anyone? Many thanks! Andy.

taz24
28-08-2007, 01:20 PM
Hi, my integrated FF appears to have a small crack in the white inside. There is a build up of pressure in the white plastic that appears to have swolen the plastic. The fridge is not working but the freezer is fine. When I press the white plastic it sounds like gas is escaping from the crack into the fridge and there is a funny (presume gas-like) smell. Any ideas anyone? Many thanks! Andy.
If its a normal fridge freezer when the fridge fails to pull down to temp it normally indicates a major problem with the comp not pumping correctly or system short of gas.
From what you have described it does sound like SOG.
If thats the case then you would find it cheaper to replace than repair.

Cheers taz.

nestor_greg1220
28-08-2007, 01:27 PM
agree with taz, better change than do the repair where you are also not sure of the outcome.

final say is yours..

andy_lanc
28-08-2007, 01:53 PM
many thanks! Looks like I'll be on the net this afternoon looking for a new one. Grrrr. Andy!