PDA

View Full Version : BOSCH Fridge/Freezer - fridge wont cool....freezer fine

andy_lanc
27-08-2007, 09:26 PM
Hi all - I'm new to this forum so hope you can help! Here's my problem:

Make: Bosch Fridge Freezer (Built In)
Model: KIM30443 (FD8305)
Fault: Freezer fine...fridge wont cool. Severe "buckling" of the white plastic inside the fridge starting about hald way up and going to top.
Grading: A graded appliance

Basically the Fridge has not been cold for a couple of days so today I tried turning it off, defrosting freezer (working fine) then switched it on about 3 hours later and the same happened. Fridge still warm, temp indicator flashing meaning it has not reached the 6 degrees I was setting it to.

I have just pulled it out of the cabinet and the wire coil on the back is only hot at the top (is this normal?) and cold at the bottom. The fridge light works fine.

The buckling I described above is odd. It is making creases in the white plastic inside the fridge and it feels like there is polystyrene on the other side as you can push it in but it pops back again. Its like something is blocked somewhere?

I have read on other forums about turning it upside down for 24 hours....is this sensible? Any ideas anyone? Is it dead? I hope not as I cant afford to replace it?

Sorry for the long posting but I wanted to make sure I mention everything.

Cheers!
Andy

andy_lanc
27-08-2007, 09:53 PM
Photo on tinypic website. Sorry to try and blag my way around not posting URL's but this gives a clear picture of the buckling I was describing. If you go to tinypic . com then paste view.php?pic=53elk03 afterwards then this should give you some idea....thanks....Andy.

andy_lanc
28-08-2007, 08:15 AM
ok - one last thing.....when I press the inside of the fridge where the white plastic has swollen inside there is the sound of air coming into the fridge (presumably from a very small hairline crack somewhere in the white plastic). Accompanying this is a funny gas-type smell. What would this gas be? I presume that my FF is now dead?

Karl Hofmann
28-08-2007, 08:49 AM
I used to have a Bosch fridge freezer (Frost free).. despite this the evaporator in the freezer would regularly need defrosting... Pull out all the food, remove the plastic panel at the rear and THOROUGHLY defrost the evaporator which is encased in an aluminium shield, I used to use a hair drier (So that the fan can direct air from the bottom of the freezer to the upper part).. I found that the problem was that the wife was stuffing food in so tight that she was blocking the air intakes...Solution was simple...Get rid of wife.. freezer was much happier :D...Just a thought

andy_lanc
28-08-2007, 12:14 PM
thanks for the suggestion - I'll consider both options carefully! Only 1 thing - it looks like I cannot actually remove the white plastic inside and there appears not to be any parts I can remove on the back either. Any ideas how I do the hair drier trick?

Magsaysay
12-12-2008, 01:30 AM
Hi good morning ,
Is there any idea how to remove dirt in the evaporator & condenser of the Freezer?

taanks & appreciate it....

davidmustoe
25-10-2010, 01:25 PM
Hi have a BOSCH KGU30604GB/03 fridge freezer. The compressor runs for about 10-15 seconds (no unusual noise) and then relay clicks out and then imediatly resets and compressor runs again after about 30 seconds. any ideas?