PDA

View Full Version : suction valve is broken

karimihassan
26-08-2007, 10:07 AM
Dear All.

we have some reciprocate carrier compressor (06E).
some time the suction valve (in cylinder head)of compressor has damaged and it is broken.

can tell me what is the problem.

26-08-2007, 12:10 PM
Do the suction line had any looping,
if not try to provide a loop, if yes check the vibration level of the Compressor,

Frostycold
26-08-2007, 01:19 PM
Hi Assaluyeh
A Carrier 06E is a large compressor. If the system has a solenoid valve or other type of Pump Down facility put your gauges on it Pump it dowm And replace or repair the valve.
Frostycold

taz24
26-08-2007, 02:50 PM
Dear All.

we have some reciprocate carrier compressor (06E).
some time the suction valve of compressor has damaged and it is broken.

can tell me what is the problem.

By suction valve I assume you mean the service valve and not the valves on the cylinder head?
If it has failed does it look like it was old and just rusted through or does it look like it has mechanicaly failed?
If the latter I would look to vibration of some sort and eliminate that.

taz.

monkey spanners
26-08-2007, 05:25 PM
If the suction reed valve is broken the most likely cause is liquid slugging. This is trying to compress liquid in the cylinders. Either refrigerant or oil or a combination of both. I'd look for faults that could cause liquid to enter the compressor.Low superheat, too much oil in the system, off cycle migration (solenoid valve or check valve letting by, oil seperator filling sump with liquid refrigerant when system off, internaly leaking suction/liquid heatexchanger, tev leaking liquid down the equalising line, system off on safety device while solenoid still open, etc)

Is the valve smashed up or just snapped off at the point it bends? Is it a one off occurance or has it happened a few times on the same system?

Cheers Jon

Samarjit Sen
26-08-2007, 05:53 PM
The suction valve, I presume is the service valve. Please check the vibration and quite possibly the valve must have got stuck and somebody tried to apply too much of pressure in opening the same. There is no system fault due to which the service valves can break.

BigJon3475
26-08-2007, 08:36 PM
http://www.docs.hvacpartners.com/idc/groups/public/documents/techlit/

It should go in number order by the model type. 06E series is about 40 links down and it gives over 30 different .zip and .pdf's

wambat
27-08-2007, 12:25 AM
This is usually caused by slugging. Better check the superheat , should be 12-15 *F for air conditioning application

charlie
27-08-2007, 08:10 AM
I had a very bad experience with this compressor that was sold few years ago with a different "logo" on the heads.

From what I remember the cranckase heaters are failing a lot (obviously ths means liquid mixed with oil and poor lubircation).

The most common failure was related to the valves because this compressor cannot work for long period of time unloaded (and for long period of time I mean not more than 5 minutes not hours....) due to the specific configuration of heads.

So If you have capacity steps on this compressor simply disconnect the coil/s and for sure this will improve the operating life of valves.

TXiceman
27-08-2007, 07:50 PM
If you mean the compressor suction valves, they break fro two reasons....high hours and not being changed per maintenance schedule and liquid on the compressor.

If this is a DX system, make sure you have a good liquid line solenoid and pump down the unit with any shut down. Next, install a suction trap with an aspirating tube and boil out coil.

Also, make sure your suction line is sized correctly and routed properly. If the compressor has unloaders, you probably need a double riser suction.

If you are breaking the suction block valve, you have a stress or vibration problem.

Ken

coolerboy
27-08-2007, 09:11 PM
i couldnt help but notice that all agree on one thing.... liquid on the compressor. If the compressor is used on a system with a crankcase pressure regulator valve, i would suggest checking the setting on that valve. If its set too high it could cause liquid flooding and thus break the suction reeds.

ciao

narender singh
09-02-2009, 02:56 PM
in suction line having vibration eliminator providing this is provide for vibration in your case suction valve broken your suction line fully frosted thats reason