PDA

View Full Version : DX Fan Coil Units

onetastyburger
24-08-2007, 05:03 PM
Good afternoon all.

Currently designing an ac system to an old building which is giving a few headaches.

The ideal senario would be to have floor mounted chassis type fan coils within the room and custum built casings to suit the decor. O/units mounted in loft space as ducted type.

I can select the heat pump o/units ok as Marstair DHPUE type however, the fan coils are a bit different. Last time I did one like this the old Myson Pacific II FCU's were still available (Showing my age now!!!) but I can't seem to find a manufacturer of this type of unit that can be connected to an "old fashioned" condensing unit.

All the "new" models only connect to Daikin, Mitsi, Tosh etc outdoor unts and can't be mis-matched.

Can anyone help? Cooling capacity of 5.5kW approx suitable for heat pump application.

Ed

ConDor
24-08-2007, 08:08 PM
We have the same problem, all new mitsubishi condensing unit are full of electronics and cant be mismatched. But we have used KAC several times, they are so "back to basic" as they can get.

al
24-08-2007, 11:07 PM
Ed

Hitachi do a range of ducted outdoor units starting i think at 10kw, they can be coupled to floor standing units that you can finish as you like!!

Al

momo
25-08-2007, 01:36 AM
DX/water based?
How many indoor units are needed?
What is the rated heat/cooling requirment of each one?
Individual control of units (usually required under regs.for energy use control?
2/3/4 common pipes?
The list goes on...

Manufacturer's tend to package design systems: consequently get them to offer you.
General/Fujitsu still has a barebone range for large systems to "decorate" at floor level.

fridge doctor
25-08-2007, 07:12 AM
Have a look at www.unicosystem.com (http://www.unicosystem.com) I had an awkward project to do which they came up with the goods for. They have several sizes of (slim) fan coil suitable for loft installation, and you can use any condensing unit you want or they will suggest one - which I used and as you say was pretty simple. They will help design the project too, in fact I found them to be really helpful. Worth a look

Regards