PDA

View Full Version : Start Capacitors Blows

JUJU
22-08-2007, 05:36 PM
I Have A Copelametic Model Kam2-0075-1aa. Was Working Fine Now Every Time You Start It The Start Capacitor Smokes And Blows. Not Sure Why Nothing Changed. Thanks For Any Help

monkey spanners
22-08-2007, 07:09 PM
Stop turning it on, you will bust it. Sounds like it needs a new start capacitor, or better still all new start electrics (relay, run and start capacitors) assuming its not a psc (permanent split capacitor) compressor. when you've fitted these run it up with a amp meter to check the start and run current against the details on the lable on the compressor.

Jon

paul_h
22-08-2007, 07:43 PM
Have you checked the start winding resistance against what it's supposed to be?
Have you checked the acutal capacitor for correct micro-farads capacitance?

Electrocoolman
22-08-2007, 11:31 PM
JUJU
I Assume that this compressor has a Voltage operated Start relay. Sounds like this has failed and start cap is permanently "in circuit".....it normally switches out of circuit when start winding volts reach > than line volts.

mr cool
12-09-2007, 10:10 PM
sounds like the relay to me. the start winding is being hed in all the time and this is what is causing your capacitors to blow up after a few seconds. dont they stink when they do that and it dont half make you jump!!

fri11j
14-09-2007, 03:09 PM
sounds like start relay is staying in for too long.
this could be caused by faulty relay or low resistance on start windings, causing too much EMF and may be holding in the relay.. mainly with current coil type relays.
another thing.. did the original capacitor have a bleed resistor? important if the compressor is using a potential type relay...

Andy W
16-09-2007, 10:12 AM
New set of electrics, relay problem.

cameron.e
17-09-2007, 08:10 PM
hi guys could be that you are dropping a neutral on the power supply