PDA

View Full Version : What keeps you supplied with calories?

momo
22-08-2007, 12:10 AM
From comments I made on another thread, a thought:

Our days are long, hard, on the road, food available often unpalatable/unsafe to eat (not refrigerated properly:rolleyes:)...

Construction and other manual workers here stop for a bocadillo at 10.30-11, not union, nor in the contract...
they just STOP and sit and have a fag, a beer and a "bocadillo" : a bread role with omelette (if a wife sees to it!), "chorizo" (red pepper pork sausage):p, spam (if British):p:p, tin of tuna/sardines/squid (Galician specials) [No comment] ...

A chain of supemarkets I worked for (mean and tight for everything...) even established a standard rota of cheap cold meats for a supplied "bocadillo".:)

So: what fuel keeps you going all day: food and beverages?

ckone180
22-08-2007, 02:31 AM
From comments I made on another thread, a thought:

Our days are long, hard, on the road, food available often unpalatable/unsafe to eat (not refrigerated properly:rolleyes:)...

Construction and other manual workers here stop for a bocadillo at 10.30-11, not union, nor in the contract...
they just STOP and sit and have a fag, a beer and a "bocadillo" : a bread role with omelette (if a wife sees to it!), "chorizo" (red pepper pork sausage):p, spam (if British):p:p, tin of tuna/sardines/squid (Galician specials) [No comment] ...

A chain of supemarkets I worked for (mean and tight for everything...) even established a standard rota of cheap cold meats for a supplied "bocadillo".:)

So: what fuel keeps you going all day: food and beverages?

A fag? Is that a cigarette? Aren't you guys banning those too? Maybe just in Mex-America. I choose Gatorade, keeps you hydrated and refreshed. If I had the kind of lunch you listed I would have to take a nap afterwards, I would be no good to anyone. LOL!:D

Paulajayne
22-08-2007, 11:10 AM
Coffe, coffee and sometime coffee.

One meal a day - evening only -

Paula

slingblade
22-08-2007, 12:15 PM
it's often the case that there is nothing for miles around to eat when i am on site.
otherwise i am partial to chips and curry or chips and gravy or pudding chips and curry or pudding chips and gravy etc.
or a sandwich.
do i win £5 ?

Lowrider
22-08-2007, 09:53 PM
Good solid breakfast with brown bread (four slices with whatever the wife bought) and 3 cups of coffee.

Cup of coffee for the road. Cup of coffee on arival, cup of coffee at 10.

Then lunch at noon, 2 or 3 cups of coffee and whatever I can get my hands on (In the restaurant of the company or a supermarket nearby).

a cup of coffee around 2 pm and 2 to 3 liters of water during the day. Some soda on the way home and then dinner!

And still I manage to keep my weight below 74 kg!!!

Oops! sorry a pack of cigarettes a day!!

chillin out
22-08-2007, 10:35 PM
Several fags.

Thats it.

Might buy a packet of crisps when buying my fags if I remember.

Chillin:):)

superswill
22-08-2007, 11:24 PM
Dietitians warring dont read

lucozade by the gallon,tuna ready meals (john west, keeps for months so always carry a few) and marlboro lights

NH3LVR
22-08-2007, 11:41 PM
Good solid breakfast and 3 cups of coffee.
Cup of coffee for the road. Cup of coffee on arival, cup of coffee at 10.
Then lunch at noon, 2 or 3 cups of coffee
a cup of coffee around 2 pm and 2 to 3 liters of water during the day. Some soda on the way home and then dinner!

The "Rest Stops" must be closer together in the Netherlands than in the USA!

Lowrider
23-08-2007, 07:40 PM
I live in the North of Holland and can drive to the most southern point within 4 hours if there are no traffic jams!

Gasstations are 30 to 40 km apart!
Say I was to drive from home to Schiphol airport, thats 80km. I then pass 4 gasstations and the drive, in the morning, takes an hour and a half!

Without the traffic jams it would take 50 minutes!

Holland is small, really small!

LRAC
23-08-2007, 09:03 PM
Several fags.

Thats it.

Might buy a packet of crisps when buying my fags if I remember.

Chillin:):)

30 fags and a star bar + crisps that helps, if i eat more i fall asleep

bernard
23-08-2007, 09:09 PM
Knowing that every extra hour I do,lines the tax mans pockets a little more.So he can help make this country a better place to live.:mad::mad:

Regards Bernard

monkey spanners
23-08-2007, 09:38 PM
Redbull, sandwiches, crisps, scotch egg, cookies, pepperami, ecclescake, lardycake, or nothing at all if i'm too busy. Really busy = more redbull lol

Contactor
23-08-2007, 09:50 PM
Dry Scottish porridge.

Keep bag in van.

momo
24-08-2007, 01:05 AM
Keep them coming... What about Australia... and the far East ?

Dry porridge brilliant for mountainaring :)... I try hard to resist buying a 500gr bag of hot indian party cereals (lentils, chick-peas, pasta, spices...) for a ridiculous €€€€:eek: price when servicing one particular comercial centre: in the van I place them in the convenient door pocket beside the water and just in arms reach... otherwise a coffee, a beer (subject to licence and ethanol limitations ;)) and next stop or bar for work again :D. Liquid yoghourts seem brilliant for site work in the heat.

Latte
24-08-2007, 10:06 PM
Large Latte's, Lucazade, B & H (Obviously not in the van ) :eek: and pro plus :eek:

Good job i am not in training for the olympics, I would never pass the blood test as too many stimulants in my blood :D

Regards

Fatboy