PDA

View Full Version : compressor octagon (Bitzer)

Mauro
21-08-2007, 09:00 PM
;)
hi all

I am from Brazil, and he would like knowing if you use the compressors octagons of the Bitzer in the systems of rack for supermarkets, you already had problems of lubrication in the compressors without bombs of oil? Which the mark more used in the countries of you?

Mistral
21-08-2007, 09:41 PM
Hi Mauro,

I am a new user to RE.
I have been involved in the design and supply of racks with Bitzer Octagons for sometime now. They are a very good reliable compressor. The selection of oil management system depends on what type of compressor you are using. For Octagons using the "flinger" splash lubrication I usually use the Optronic regulator and High Pressure Oil Separator reservoir from Henry/AC&R. The Optronic regulator provides oil level regulation and low oil level protection for the compressor. For larger Octagons 4VC-6.2Y to 4NC-20.2Y with the oil pump option, I can also use the standard Oil regulator and low pressure oil separator and reservoir from AC&R. There are of course similar products from Alco, Temprite and ESK.
Provided you commission the system correctly, these systems work very well.
I dont understand what you mean by bombs of oil. Can you clarify this please?

Mauro
21-08-2007, 09:56 PM
thank you

I heard that the this bitzer installing sensors in these compressors that bomb of oil has not. The compressors what we have been installing here in the brasil, it takes his lubrication as a sprinkle.
Will it be that the installation of the sensor for the manufacturer is not due to lack of lubrication in any types of installation?

smpsmp45
23-08-2007, 10:56 AM
In India, Bitzer is promoting this type of compressors & recommend to use them due to light weight, high efficiency & good oil management.

& they have no of units operating on this series compressors.

I shall get their feedback on your issues.

Dan
29-08-2007, 01:10 AM
I heard that the this bitzer installing sensors in these compressors that bomb of oil has not. The compressors what we have been installing here in the brasil, it takes his lubrication as a sprinkle.

Is it possible that you are referring to what might be called an oil slinger (centrifugal spinning of the oil) compared to a positive displacement oil pump? I think Bitzer uses the slinger at higher horsepowers than Copeland has.

smpsmp45
29-08-2007, 08:54 AM
Dear mauro,

i have received few more details from Bitzer & I can send those PDF files if you send me your email on my private mail

zhp05
05-09-2007, 11:51 AM
We used some Octagon compressors in Supermarket , in China,- small racks system, However, many compressor motors was burnt, just lack of lubrication and no protction when this problem occured. Replaced with Copeland, no any problems!

mrfrze
08-03-2009, 03:52 AM
Instead of changing to Copeland, try fixing the real issue - flood back. Oil Carrier over rate on a Bitzer Octagon is .2% - the OCR on a Copeland is 3% or more....the goal is to keep the oil in the compressor.

coolhibby1875
08-03-2009, 12:00 PM
i agree with mrfrze i work with loads of bitzer octagon racks in m@s and lidle these are very good very reliable and effeicient the only thing they do not like is floodback

Mistral
08-03-2009, 01:40 PM
Spot on mrfreze! Everyone blames the compressor. Compressors rarely commit suicide for no reason! You must look to the system for the fault. The "flinger" system used by Bitzer in their Octagons has been tried and tested now for 10+ years with great success. Check your superheat at the compressor. then go and look at your TEV's/ AKV's. Its very easy to protect these compressors if using on a pack. Fit either a Traxoil or Henry Optronic oil regulator to the compressor.