PDA

View Full Version : Fujitsu Compressor

ozzydave2006
19-08-2007, 03:02 AM
Hi all

I have a heatpump ducted Fujitsu split where the 3 phase Compressor runs for about 10 mins then goes out on thermal overload then and after a while resets and starts again. The pressures seem fine (R22) the Compressor has been measured and windings seem fine does anybody have any ideas the only thing the voltage is quite high 260v which is a bit of a problem here in Australia you either get high voltage or very low

paul_h
19-08-2007, 07:43 AM
So it's definitely the compressor thermal overload? ie after it cuts out, if you switched of the mains, disconnected the compressor terminals, a multimeter on the bare compressor terminals would read open circuit of the windings? This is assuming the comressor has an internal overload
Whats the pressures and temperatures like? discharge temp, comprsser crankcase temp, suction valve temp like?
edit: what model is it?
does the fan cut out too?
Fan cutting out = system fault and the units shutting down. fan keeps running = system ok, but just the comprssor failing.
How old is the unit?

edit2: hold on, you said it has 260v, but its three phase. It should have 415v across the phases on the contactor.

Temprite
19-08-2007, 08:04 AM
G'day ozzy dave

Sounds like short of gas to me.

Compressor overheating due to lack of cool gas getting back and cooling windings.

ozzydave2006
19-08-2007, 08:24 AM
just to update when i said 260v i meant accross phase and neutral and the condenser model is a
A0T45RCD3L and about 4-5 years old and I get the same problem on heating and cooling

paul_h
19-08-2007, 08:50 AM
Check what voltages you are getting between phases, that's more important on a three phase system.
My guesses are losing a phase, at circuit breaker, isolator, teminals or contactor.
Or high pressure or high discharge temp fault.
Call a fujitsu service agent as they have a five year warranty.
If unsure of units age, get the serial number of it and call fujitsu australias office, they'll tell you when it was sold by them and if it's under warranty.
edit: OK, you are a fridgey.
verify the voltage to the contactor before the compressor starts, should be 415v across phases.
verify the voltage at the compressor or contactor output when contactors kick in, a common faulure point is the contactor.
Check the amps on each phase out of the contactor too.
check the pressures and the discharge temp. HP trips around 2800kpa +-200kpa, discharge temp trips system out around 110-115C Discharge temp higher than 80-90C means system short of gas or refrigerant problem.
Refer to my previous questions, is it the internal overload going open circuit?
are the fans stopping when the compressor cuts out?