PDA

View Full Version : the carrier split draw amper more than notmal

karimihassan
18-08-2007, 08:54 AM
Hi My Friend.

we have 27 carrier split unit (type 38QG18H) in our plant. the normal amper of the outdoor units are 8.6 amp but all of them draw approximately 10.5 amp .
they are working about 3 years, if it is possible damaged the compressors.

paul_h
18-08-2007, 09:09 AM
What are the pressures like though?
Is it drawing more current because the head pressure is high (high ambient, dirty condenser etc)?
Are they running on heat or cool?
Is the mains power in spec (right voltage/frequency)
Have they been tested previously and found OK, and only increased recently? Or is this just the first time in 3 years any one has checked them?

karimihassan
18-08-2007, 10:01 AM
my friend.
why the compressore do not burn out?

paul_h
18-08-2007, 10:26 AM
It's normal to draw more than it's rated amps on a split system in certain conditions. Things I mentioned cause them to draw more amps.
The amps it's exceeding is the outdoor unit rated amps, (as given by the manufacturer of the split), not the compressors own rated amps.

kipetkov
18-08-2007, 01:18 PM
I think you shoud check first the gas.If there is no proper gas the compressor can get over heating and more amps.Give us more details like R 22 .......i can't find the specification for this unit.Pls be more detail that we can help you out fast and proper .Thx

penair
19-08-2007, 12:20 AM
hello karimihassan,
you say all 27 units are drawing high amperage. you have a much higher outdoor ambient temperarture in iran than what the units are rated at, generally the units are rated at a 35 degrees celsius. in iran you would have a much higher ambient temperature than this. you say there are 27 units, when these are operating at the same time there may be a lower voltage supply. you can check if the power supply to the system is 240 volts, if the supply voltage is lower then a higher amperage reading can be expected. the compressors should have a thermal overload to protect from motor winding burn out. check that the suction line is sweating back or at least coming back cold to the compressor, i dont know if a suction line would sweat in your part of the world where humidity can be very low. also check the sun is not shining directly onto the outdoor unit coil. check that the indoor unit is giving more than 10 k (degrees) temperature difference between air on and air off the fan coil unit and that the filters are clean.