PDA

View Full Version : Marks and Spensers

bernard
15-08-2007, 10:30 PM
Hi

Any other M & S contactors having trouble with probe faults especially after a refit.Also what do you think of the new SMG freezers

Regards Bernard:)

coolhibby1875
15-08-2007, 10:35 PM
hi bernard i also cover m@s and am changing evaporator inlet probes left right and center on the new rdm controllers on the new refitted stores are those smg freezers you refer to the integral ones with the sideways scrolls if so the are a night mare

bernard
15-08-2007, 10:52 PM
Hi

I surprised a company who is up on health and safety are installing these freezers.It took three of our bloke to change a compressor,also if you are having trouble with the defrost heater fuse blowing its because there coming from the factory with the defrost wired through the evap fan fuse and the fans through the defrost heater fuse.:mad:

I,m having touble with the air on left probe,the probes they use (pt1000) are bullit proof the best on the market ,its the amount of connections thats the problem,5 connections including the controller.Behind the evap fan panel they use choc block smothered in some sort of white grease,as a matter of course now I reconnect them in heat shrink connectors.Keep in touch with the problems your having as this is a learning curve for eveyone.

Regards Bernard:)

chillin out
15-08-2007, 11:43 PM
It's always the 'air off left' I get or if it's an EEV then evap probe.

Chillin:):)

spoofa
25-08-2007, 12:10 AM
It's always the 'air off left' I get or if it's an EEV then evap probe.

Chillin:):)if its a 12ft case there is another connector behind evap, another reason the air off left fails. get rid and heat shrink.

chillin out
25-08-2007, 12:45 PM
They even have them on a 6ft case as well.
I always take the probe all the way back to the controller anyway.

Chillin:):)

Fridge in Focus
10-09-2007, 08:26 AM
Hi gents, I to do alot of work on M+S and have had the same issues as above..... right down to changing compressors on those SMG type freezers! what a ball buster.

Reason for my post... we have have had the same issues with the PT1000 probes,, "air off left and evap proves" all normally going down due to moisture in the connection of the probe. Have you guys come across the older tech white probe used on the Brooklands cab type control? I've had god knows how many of those go down.... question.. would you know what value these probes are? I.e Tech yellow is 2k... tech Green is 5k and tech white is?

Many thanks
FIF

bernard
13-09-2007, 06:19 PM
Hi

Yellow = 2k
Red = 2.25k
White = 3k
Green = 5k

Regards Bernard

Fridge in Focus
14-09-2007, 08:35 AM