PDA

View Full Version : Daikin Error Code AH, Sky Air + VAM HRV

Brian_UK
13-08-2007, 11:18 PM
I've got a site with three individual Sky Air systems and what I thought was a separate VAM2000 HRV unit.

All these are switched via the main HVAC panel with fault reporting.

One of the remote controllers will sometimes go into error mode with an AH fault code relating to the VAM unit. As far as I know AH stands for an extremely dirty filter.

This might be fair enough but I can't see how the fault code is getting sent to the split when there is only a two wire connection to the control panel as far as I can make out.

Frank - H E L P :confused:

puddleboy3
14-08-2007, 12:26 AM
Hi Brian, is the sky air unit and the VAM unit controlled off the one remote controller? Also can you advise exact model numbers of both sky air unit and Vam unit?

chan
20-08-2007, 06:10 PM
The controll and fault display on the Daikin unit is very advanced and would be able to send the information you refer to to the controller. There could be a set up issue if this info is not required on that particular controller.

superswill
20-08-2007, 07:14 PM
AH Malfunction of air filter maintenance

see atached

an old fault maybe? have you cleared the fault memory?

frank
20-08-2007, 07:54 PM
Hi Brian

It's not a code that I've come across (possibly because I always clean my filters :D)

I've spoken to Daikin who acknowledge the fault code but tell me that there is no flow chart available for this code ??

They say that it can sometimes be a spurious code and should be able to clear (keep your finger on the on/off button for 10 secs with the fault code showing).

Failing that I can't really help :(

Brian_UK
20-08-2007, 08:05 PM
Thanks Frank, yes the filters are cleaned very regularly and by me so I can't push any complaints on that side.

I am intrigued that the remote knows about the VAM when I can't see any electrical connection. Note to self, have a better look up in that ceiling.

I'll keep an eye on this, thanks again.

frank
20-08-2007, 08:47 PM
I am intrigued that the remote knows about the VAM when I can't see any electrical connection. Note to self, have a better look up in that ceiling.
The VAM will be connected to the remote via P1 P2 just as the SkyAir unit is, hence the fault code appearing.

Have you cleaned both the filters and the heat exchange module on the VAM?

Be gentle with the heat exchanger as it's made from paper - don't get it wet! :eek:

Brian_UK
20-08-2007, 09:04 PM
Yep, vacuumed with a soft brush head.

Will have a better look at the wiring next time.

By the way - why do ceiling grids always conflict with anything that has been fitted above it?

Is it a Dilbert thing?

vlao
05-04-2008, 02:44 PM
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and have found it very imformative.

I had a Daikin FDYQ160M ducted unit installed and working, but showing E9 error code. Can you Paul or Frank tell me how to clear the fault memory.
Thanks in advance.

Vann.

1torr
05-04-2008, 04:41 PM
eev faulty

Brian_UK
06-04-2008, 12:08 AM
Hello everyone,

I had a Daikin FDYQ160M ducted unit installed and working, but showing E9 error code. Can you Paul or Frank tell me how to clear the fault memory.
Thanks in advance.

Vann.Try reading the above posts properly and your question will be answered.

frank
08-04-2008, 01:50 PM
Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance.

Vann.

If you have fixed the fault then to clear the last fault code display you need to press the lower left hand button once (to bring the fault code up) then press and hold the on/off button for 5 seconds until the fault code disappears :)

This doesn't clear the fault history log of the last 10 fault codes

Obviously, if you haven't fixed the fault then you cannot clear the fault code ;)

vlao
11-04-2008, 11:50 PM
Thanks Frank, Brian and 1torr,

Regards,

Vlao