PDA

View Full Version : Porkka blast chiller

Andy AC
13-08-2007, 11:18 PM
Hello guys, have any of you got any service manuals, or info on a Porkka BC710 blast chiller, as a pdf file?
I was asked to look at one with no gas in it, 2nd hand, dead on arrival, anyway I pressurised it, found leak, repaired, recharged and switched it on. Compressor fired up straight away but control showed probe fault (lae cdc12) I pulled the electrics cover off, and found that the controller was not actually doing any thermostat control as only controller power terminals and probe terminals (1 probe)were used. I traced the wire which was in the probe terminal and it went, to a kettle plug type of socket inside the cabinet, I presume this is for a food probe? The last time I wired a CDC12, it had to have two probes fitted, The instructions on the inside of the door show it as having a cdc12 fitted as standard, but what i don't understand is why it has an additional defrost clock,(looks original) and where the hell is the other probe.
As for thermostat control, as the controller is not wired to switch the comp, it appears that it would have to use a danfoss lp/hp switch?( does not look original), anyone agree?
Fridge system appears work great now but has not been run long enough to see if it switches on and off.
Anyone know what the orange switch is supposed to do?
Any thoughts greatly appreciated

Andy

Brian_UK
13-08-2007, 11:42 PM
I can comfirm the need for a food probe but can't help otherwise.

The Porkka website only goes back to the BC720.