PDA

View Full Version : Daikin Error...

plato
13-08-2007, 06:47 AM
Getting this error on a large Daikin ac reverse cycle ducted unit: E0 Outdoor Activation of outdoor safety device
Can someone tells me what it means? Rather, what do I do to fix it?
thanks
Paul

basti
13-08-2007, 02:54 PM
Getting this error on a large Daikin ac reverse cycle ducted unit: E0 Outdoor Activation of outdoor safety device
Can someone tells me what it means? Rather, what do I do to fix it?
thanks
Paul

Possible causes :

1) High pressure switch activated.

2) Condenser fan motor thermal protection activated.

Basti.

frank
13-08-2007, 08:43 PM
Possible causes :

1) High pressure switch activated.

2) Condenser fan motor thermal protection activated.

Basti.

Not quite true Basti - a HP fault gives a different code.

The E0 fault refers to an outdoor safety device activation. As most other faults are covered with their own fault code, the E0 means either, the compressor overload or the condenser fan thermal trip (as you mention).

Try putting E0 fault code into the search facility here.

martind
16-08-2007, 01:39 PM
I suppose the outdoor unit is R200 or 250.
As frank already said, officially it is protection device - compressor or fan thermal switch or overcurrent relay.
Many times E0 occurs after sudden power failure - then just switch it off and on (circuit breaker).
Sometimes there is a PCB fault - small red connector on the top left corner was loosen.

chan
20-08-2007, 06:00 PM
could be reverse phase on a 3 phase unit:confused:

frank
20-08-2007, 08:21 PM
could be reverse phase on a 3 phase unit:confused:
That's a U1 fault

grub
23-08-2007, 04:03 AM
Connected to the control board is a small lockout board which works off the E0 safety circuit. If the unit continually faults on startup the pins connecting the two boards together can be bridged on the control board. If the unit then operated you know that the lockout board is faulty.

UncleMint
23-08-2007, 10:58 AM
Try looking at the contactor. I had the problem on a skyair. Changed the compressor because it had burnt out. After the compressor kept on running regardless of signal. Found the contactor terminals burnt so swoped it out.

seif
02-06-2010, 12:45 PM
These are the safety devices for Daikin VRV units:
1) Fan motors Thermal protections
2) Over current relay "for the constant speed compressor only"
3) High pressure switch" so basti wasn't wrong about it..its correct that the activation of hp switch triggers E3 error not E0..but you should check the connector of the hp switch is connected properly to pcb or else it will generate E0 error code.
Once all of the P/M safety devices are fine"Meaning none of them opened", the remaining causes for the error could be instantaneous power failure or pcb malfunction