PDA

View Full Version : Leak tracer for R407c

evapcoil
12-08-2007, 01:45 AM
Hi Guys
has anybody ever used this kind of leak tracer that You mix with the refrigerant in the system??? I have a pretty large plant with Kms of pipes and this thing (if it works) should make my life a lot easier....

Evapcoil :D

The Viking
12-08-2007, 12:19 PM
Well,
All the UV dyes works reasonably well.
But if you go down that route then get the most powerful UV lamp you can find and remember that it is hard to see the dye in strong sunlight.

evapcoil
12-08-2007, 02:16 PM
Let's see... I'll try... Unfortunately We don't have too much bright sun light down in the engine..... :-)
Thanks Viking

monkey spanners
12-08-2007, 04:45 PM
Be sure to use the goggles that come with the lamp, or you won't spot the dye so well. Ive found a leak on the weld on a drier with it where you'd never think to look, and around the electrical terminals on a compressor where you would'nt want soapy water!
I use Spectroline Dye. It will have a dosing rate baseded on the oil or refrigerant qauntity of the system.

Jon

tarcau mihai
13-08-2007, 10:30 PM
hy evapcoil...i was in your situation 2 yrs looking for leaks all the time in a 407 c system but on a cruise ships...did u have a refrigeration centralizate system?i use always electronic leak detector and i was lucky many times....which kind of compressor did u have...let me know i try to be heplful with you...

tarcau mihai
14-08-2007, 05:21 PM
ciao evapcoil..this solution of leak tracer is good for automotive a.c....keep going on old solution cause in my opinion is the best that one by closing valve on each area...mihai