PDA

View Full Version : Alternative piping joints for VRF

Igor.Mitbarg
10-08-2007, 08:30 PM
Hi guys,

I would like to ask if anyone has an experience with VRV/VRF installations using alternative Y-shape joints (not ones that are supplied by the manufacturer).
It is especially relevant for DAIKIN, Toshiba and Sanyo, since Mitsubishi allow T-joints.
Thanks

monkey spanners
10-08-2007, 10:02 PM
Using non standard joints will void the warranty (if they spot them!)

Jon

Peter_1
10-08-2007, 10:19 PM
Don't want to be difficult but we used those many times and never had troubles with it.
Even in the suction, you can use standard T's, we may not forget, a VRV/VRF works exactly the same way as a pack in a supermarket.
For the liquid, that's another story because these Y-joints separate the flashgas equal on all the connected lines.
But even then, you can do it without the very expensiev Y-joints.
Regarding the warranty, that's something they do to protect themselves for all those who don't know how to make proper connections/branches on refrigerant lines in general and to make big profits on these small pieces.

techguy
13-08-2007, 01:04 PM
Hi RE REFNET Joints,

There are two suppliers I know about

Jon shipman in the UK do a google search and you will get his site.

B&M in Italy again google you should get there site. The Italian joint kits are smaller than shipmans.

Mitsu do not use refnets this is correct but how much grief do you get with noise problems in the systems I have a lot of experience with this and have had numerous compliants about liquid refrigerant noise in Mitsu systems and other systems where refnets are not used.

I'm not getting at Mitsu here but I find systems operate much better with refnets fitted. Its up to the contractor you either want to do the job right or you don't.

Unfortunatley with the pressure people are under to cut costs the quality of work in the industry is suffering

No Refnets today????

No Nitrogen for brazing tommorow???

Vacuming do we really need to give it 24-48hrs?????

Tor gauges????

Screened cable????

Where is it going to end pretty soon we'll be plumbers not fridge guys

Pol
13-08-2007, 05:08 PM
Isn`t the pressure drop over a T larger than over a refnet joint? It`s a sharp turn at considerable speed, after all?

ChiefTech
13-08-2007, 08:18 PM
Wonder if you'd care to enlighten us? Without any refnets, it would seem obvious to me (as a novice!) to use a tee piece.:confused:

for all those who don't know how to make proper connections/branches on refrigerant lines .

ozairman
23-08-2007, 10:54 AM
Unfortunately with the pressure people are under to cut costs the quality of work in the industry is suffering

No Refnets today????

No Nitrogen for brazing tommorow???

Vacuming do we really need to give it 24-48hrs?????

Tor gauges????

Screened cable????

Where is it going to end pretty soon we'll be plumbers not fridge guys

Unfortunately this has already happened in Australia, ie we actually have plumbers installing air conditioners :(