PDA

View Full Version : seaside villas air conditioning

Lc_shi
10-08-2007, 10:06 AM
HI sirs
There's one project: about 150 villas(each area 300~400m2) are going to build at a seaside place. The project owner want that every villa has an independent aii conditioning system. I think GSHP or seawater heat pump is best choice for it. But which one is better?How to come to the final conclusion? My intuition tells me the seawater hp is better if the engineering cost is acceptable. How about your ideas?

best regards
LC

Lowrider
11-08-2007, 11:31 AM
Could be done, both! But keep in mind that seawater and copper don't go together that wel! One will have to use an other material for the condensor/evaporator.

GSHP will then be better and cheaper if the ground water is far less salty, provided the soil is not to tough and water off good quality and temperature is not too deep.

You should see what level the suitable ground water is at and what drilling the wells cost.

Then make an cost planning for the complete installs, including well and pipework for both types.

One thing to keep in mind is winter seawater temperature. If it's too low, the only option is GSHP