PDA

View Full Version : Mini lime pumps

borodave1973
06-08-2007, 07:10 PM
Hi anyone else have any trouble with mini lime pumps siphoning back water into the tank causing the pump to start and stop.
On the older models they used to provide a long tube off the pump to loop round to prevent this but the tube is much shorter now so you can't do that anymore.
Have ordered some non return valves from climate centre just hope the pump is strong enough to pump thro it.
Just wondered other peoples thoughts ta

marc5180
06-08-2007, 08:42 PM
yeah iv noticed that theyve made the tubes shorter now...cant think why :confused: I fit non return valves now as a matter of course .saves getting called back. T:Dhe pumps can pump through the NRV's

superswill
06-08-2007, 09:30 PM
i am having no end of problems with these little beasts,we look after a hotel with 90 odd indoors all with mini limes but in the frist six months ive changed ten so far,the run is only 2 meter,and iam fitting no returns on every new pump fitted,i just dont think they can haddle 24/7 abuse being in the hotel,give me a little gaint ec400 anyday!!!

robin r33 gtr
06-08-2007, 09:41 PM
I fit non return valves . Also iv heard you can buy just the replacement mini lime pump does any one know if this is true as iv being buying the whole kits.

sinewave
06-08-2007, 10:05 PM
I fit non return valves . Also iv heard you can buy just the replacement mini lime pump does any one know if this is true as iv being buying the whole kits.

Yes you can buy just the Motor and it should be available from any Wholesaler that sells the full kit.
If not give Aspen Pumps a ring and they will ring the Wholesaler and b*ll*ck them! :D

In general though all these small pumps are toss and your far better fitting a Aspen Universal Peralstatic unit instead! ;)

superswill
06-08-2007, 10:30 PM
Yes you can buy just the Motor and it should be available from any Wholesaler that sells the full kit.
If not give Aspen Pumps a ring and they will ring the Wholesaler and b*ll*ck them! :D

In general though all these small pumps are toss and your far better fitting a Aspen Universal Peralstatic unit instead! ;)

iam a big fan off the aspen but i find them too big and loud for hotels and offices,its like mounting a small car above the roof but other than that great pumps

Prince Vaillant
05-08-2008, 01:33 PM
Try googling MINI LIME PUMP ONLY FP2124