PDA

View Full Version : Reciprocating Chiller

SKB
04-08-2007, 03:14 PM
Hi Friends

1. Can Someone Enlighten Me On Merits And Demits Of Open Type Construction Vs Semihermatic Or Hermatic Compressor In Reciprocating Chiller.(130 Tr Capacity)

2. Whether 130 Tr Recip Chiller With Cfc Free Refrigerant Is Available, If So Who Are The Makes With Type Of Refrigerant Used

3. If Some Manufacturers Are Still Using R-22 In Recip Machines In This Capacity, Should It Be Acceptable For New Installations.

Skb

Frostycold
04-08-2007, 09:11 PM
Hi
Reciprocating refers to the type of compressor ie a reciprocating compressor has pistons & cylinders hence reciprocating. Open type refers to the way the compressor is driven. An open compressor is driven by a motor via a drive shaft,geartrain or a V belt. A semi hermetic compressor is driven by an electric motor which is part of the overall construction of the compressor but can be seperated from it. A Hermetic compressor is totaly sealed up including the motor & you should have one on the back of your fridge at home. As for the merits that you asked about It depends on the job as there are pro's & con's for everything that you have mentioned. It seems to me from the terminology that you have used that you know very little about Refrigeration/Air-Conditioning so the best advice that I can give you is to find someone who does & either hire him or buy him lots of beer while you pick his brains.

Regards Frostycold

lldelfin67
07-08-2007, 06:18 PM
Hi
Your first question is answer by frostycold. The second question. yes there still available lot you can browse the web which brand you want. There is york, carrier, trane, mcquay, dunham-bush , continental and lot of them. for third question refrigerant 22 is still available and mostly used in reciprocating compressor

Samarjit Sen
07-08-2007, 06:25 PM
R 22 is still available and in our country the same is very much in use. Regarding the various types of compressors the same has been already explained to you by Frostycold.

If you can give more details about your requirements then it is possible to suggest the various makes that are available.

Lowrider
07-08-2007, 10:59 PM
From an environmentle look on things it's better to use a hermatic type to reduce the change off refrigirant leaks on shafts for starters.

R22 on new installs is banned in Europe and as I understand ,most of the world!

But according to a co-worker who also has a house in thailand, there is even R11 and R12 availble in "spraycans" with shräder connectors!

Samarjit Sen
08-08-2007, 01:55 AM
R 22 is very much available in our country, and i find it very useful and efficient refrigerant.

Lowrider
08-08-2007, 09:47 PM
R22 is a very good refrigirant to work with, but as I stated it's banned for new installs and no new R22 can be produced or imported into Europe after 2010. After 2010 only regenerated R22 is availble until all of that is used up, then sorry mate, either you retrofit or scrap the unit!