PDA

View Full Version : Designers block! Need pics of water cooled kit!

The MG Pony
02-08-2007, 09:10 PM
Well I got my heat pump project parts gathered up, but now I've run into an odd but not dire problem, there are simply to many options on how to arrange the parts!

So I was wondering if any have some good clear pics of the insides of a water cooled A/C condensing unit?

Hope fully will help give me new ideas of how to arrange my parts! Thanks in advance!

Andy W
02-08-2007, 10:48 PM
Not sure what you mean by heat pump / water cooled cond unit, what are you trying to achieve.

Lowrider
02-08-2007, 10:54 PM
I guess he's building a heat pump on ground water. But I could be wrong!

The MG Pony
02-08-2007, 11:36 PM
either or, doesn't matter, I just need some pics of the water cooled units guts, I can't think of a good way to place them out of all the options!

US Iceman
02-08-2007, 11:47 PM
The compressor goes before the condenser.:p

What are you trying to do?

The MG Pony
03-08-2007, 01:14 AM
I'm just trying to think of a nice way to arrange the parts to be portable and compact, but I want to see how other systems are put together to help give ideas/inspire.

I'm stuck in a mental paradox right now, too many options yet no ideas!

US Iceman
03-08-2007, 01:33 AM
Try thinking in terms of the maximum space you want it to occupy and the minimum space available for servicing the unit or components.

Also consider the weight placement of the components. If one side is heavier than the opposite side, the weight distribution will be awkward.

Think like a service tech. That means more than looking at packages designed by someone who doesn't have to work on it.