PDA

View Full Version : Airport Parkjing

Latte
01-08-2007, 11:46 PM
Hi all,

Anyone else there doing airports. Having major amounts of fun at Luton at the moment with the heightened security. Cant park anywhere near the terminal now and have to go in the short stay car parks, ok unless you have to carry anymore than a toolbox as its half a mile to walk each time. Forget about doing anything during the day as well now , everything has to be done out of hours :eek: Is this the standard everywhere now.

That reminds me, i have a wallet full of car park receipts, Best get my expenses in

Regards

Fatboy

Paulajayne
02-08-2007, 02:42 PM
Buy a small trolly - saves lots of time and effort.

Paula

monkey spanners
02-08-2007, 07:37 PM
Don't put too much stuff on it though:o

Jon

Lowrider
02-08-2007, 10:49 PM
Because of the summer holidays I was the only one in the neighberhood of Schiphol Airport and I spent the last two weeks there doing routine maintenance, solving problems and vacuming a RTHA300 to get the water out.

Because of the EU rules on safety on airports parking is a big problem. I have to drive from one machine to the other (we have about 60 machines of our own there).

Parking permits are only valid for 2 hours and have to picked up at a service desk in the terminal and machines are all over the place and they won't give a permit for the whole day! They'll clamp if they can't reach you by phone (100 euro's)!

Even getting a pass is a hasle. First there's the screening (which takes a week) then you have to get a signature at the main office. Then get it checked at another office. Thereafter to the military police to get some stamps and signitures. Then back to another office to get all that checked. Then a few test (safety and so). Passed? on to the next office to get your picture and an iris scan taken, then back to another office for another signature and then finally you get your pass!!!

We have some machines of us in atomic proof shelters and command centres across Holland and I'm one of two in our company allowed but the pass to get in takes 20 minutes and an airport pass almost the day!

So yes working on an airport is time consuming!

Try getting into shengen area's! You'll have to empty all your pockets, get searched, your toolbox checked and theyll even search your wallet and cigaretbox! And you'll have to explain why you might need a knife for your job!

Sorry for the long story, but i'm glad next week some co-workers are back!