PDA

View Full Version : Problem with ThermoKing SB3 SR+

Derf882
31-07-2007, 03:25 PM
Hello everyone, im new to this so heres the issue.

I have a Thermoking SB3 SR+ Reefer and my problem is that it runs fine but after some time it will either shut off or defrost after a certain period of time. At times the temperature would shoot up to 29 degrees and climb slowly, even when the reefer is running at hi speed. There are no alarm codes that show up and the water temp averages around 190.00 degrees. can anyone help!?

Note: I am also using a Thermoguard IV control panel.

Dr._Fleck
31-07-2007, 08:20 PM
I suspect nobody has answered you because it could be absolutley anything. Sorry i can't be of any help.

fordrules
10-08-2007, 01:51 AM
We need way more info bud.
Your unit could be defrosting due to many reasons. The timer could be telling it to, you could have air switch issues, or your coil could be iced up. Especially if you run it with the doors open.
When you say that the temperature rises, does it do it while running in the cool mode? Defrost? If is is rising in defrost, you would have to check the damper door, as it may not be sealing right.

coolerboy
26-08-2007, 10:39 PM
This sounds so familiar........

I have found ,especially on older machines like the SB reefer units, that most of these "strange" symptoms are usually caused by a faulty wire connection or a wire that is short circuiting. I would suggest that you check all connections and plugs, if you still have problems, i would suggest disconnecting the air switch and run it, see if the defrost issues continue..... as for the cutting out, check the power supply on the fuel solenoid, ive found that sometimes it has a voltage drop that causes it to shut off. But first check all the electrical connections. Also check the three way valve if its sticky, that could cause the temperature rise.

ciao