PDA

View Full Version : Change an inverter compressor

Harris Greece
30-07-2007, 06:42 AM
Good morning my friend from Greece.
I have a question to make.
Did anybody knows if we can change an inverter commpressor with a simple compressor if it works?
I want to do that test but i dont have the time now here in Greece we have lot of installs and services now in summer time.
Thank you .
Harris.

frank
31-07-2007, 06:59 PM
I would be suprised if you could exchange a fixed frequency motor with one designed for variable frequency without some problems as not all motors are suitable for speed regulation.

However, I am open to being educated ;)

sham
01-08-2007, 05:17 AM
hi, eveyone feel free asking me I have experience with L'unite Hermetique compressor and condensing unit.

Harris Greece
02-08-2007, 07:09 AM
So my friend Sham do you know if we can do this works or not?

Harris Greece
02-08-2007, 07:10 AM
Frank what is your oppinion?

kiwireeferman
04-08-2007, 06:21 AM
Can't see that it would work as the compressor motors are completely different.
One has permanent magnets to work on three phase DC.
The other is just standard three phase winding for AC.
I think you would blow the guts out of the electronics and/or motor.

Cofreth
04-08-2007, 09:01 AM
Even if it works, but i think i won't last long, as the speed of the compressor is reduce, you may have lubrication problem with a normal compressor.

The Viking
04-08-2007, 10:27 AM
Can't see that it would work as the compressor motors are completely different.
One has permanent magnets to work on three phase DC.
The other is just standard three phase winding for AC.
I think you would blow the guts out of the electronics and/or motor.

:confused::confused::confused:

Unless we are talking the latest generation VRV/Fs (and then only Toshibas, as far as I'm aware) then the inverters' output is A/C.
The inverted compressor has thus an A/C motor.
To check an inverter (this does not include the latest generation Tosh) you can connect any 3 phase A/C motor of suitable rating.
To check an inverted compressor (again not the latest....) you can connect it to any suitable 3 phase A/C supply.

There are absolutely no magic to it, the inverter plays with the frequency of a/c current (unless we are talking about the latest....)

momo
05-08-2007, 02:26 PM
Harry G:
What sort of systems are you talking about?

A/C inverter splits: the problem arises with the amount of electronics involved which are designed as a package. Clearly you can't use a single phase capacitor assisted motor to replace an inverter 3 phase.

Previously on fixed speed compressor splits (without EEV) you could imitated parts of the system with shelf stock parts... Now ???

Surely, as with car servicing computers there are generic clones out there of boards to control splits - however, locating adequately programmable units and parts - probably not worth it for what we will be paid and the price of new cheapies.

Harris Greece
06-08-2007, 06:38 AM
Ok guys i understand it. Normally i cant do that change but i let you know if i test it with some compressors i have, i want to do that experiment to know if it works.
Thank you for your advices.