PDA

View Full Version : Kelvinator(electrolux)THermistor Range?

Makanic
25-07-2007, 02:38 PM
HI all
Im after the thermistor values/range on the indoor unit for a old kelvinator (NOW Electrolux)
Split system air cond Mod Number KSR-10E
I would asume the thermistors would be all the same?
THe UNit keeps switching onto defrost & Back to heating every 5 to 10 Minutes ,Gas Pressures are 100% The only thing i can come up with is A doggy Pcb Or Thermistor ..But I dont know what the range is for the thermistor to be able to check it?
Any info would be great :)

paul_h
25-07-2007, 03:11 PM
I believe it's a function of the control PCB to only allow defrost every 45min on most makes/models. It wouldn't matter on the thermistor reading, the controller should only poll it and defrost if the thermistor is below zero.
If a a/c is going on defrost more frequently than every 45min, it looks like a faulty control PCB.

Makanic
26-07-2007, 12:57 AM
I believe it's a function of the control PCB to only allow defrost every 45min on most makes/models. It wouldn't matter on the thermistor reading, the controller should only poll it and defrost if the thermistor is below zero.
If a a/c is going on defrost more frequently than every 45min, it looks like a faulty control PCB.

Thermistor = tempreture verable resistor
outputing volts depending on the tempreture/resistance
High tempreture/Low reisistance = lower voltage output

So if there is no or less resistance that would mean that the PCB thinks its hotter tempreture?

Thats my thoughts?

Im not saying the board isnt faulty
Just if i had the thermister details i could check them before replacing a PCB

paul_h
26-07-2007, 12:30 PM
I'm just saying that the thermistor could such a low resistance that the control board thinks it's -30C, it should still not defrost before 45min has passed.
If it's defrosting when it's not supposed too, (before allowed time has elaspsed), yes the thermistor could be faulty, but the control board definitely is.
I know you want the resistance values (not as good as the voltage anyway, volts across the sensor is more reliable), so keep looking for them as they are handy to know.
But I'd say the board is faulty anyway, so replace both.