PDA

View Full Version : hi everyone, im new

nathan...
25-07-2007, 11:46 AM
hey everyone!
well my name is nathan and im 15. I live in Australia and i just started a school based apprenticeship in refrigeration & air-con. I know there is alot to learn about the trade so i always look for information to read, thats when i found these forums. well i look forward to learning from you guys. cheers, nathan

paul_h
25-07-2007, 12:01 PM
G'day.
What part of australia are you from?
Welcome from another new guy to this site. How did you hear about this place anyway? I found it by accident but I'm wondering if there's people in Oz recommending it.

nathan...
25-07-2007, 12:17 PM
hey mate, im from brisbane. i was on the net looking up some info and just thought id try typing refrigeration forums into google and found this place. im not sure... but i have been reading some of the threads and there seems to be a few aussies on here...

paul_h
25-07-2007, 01:21 PM
Yeah, that's exactly the way I found this place too.
Good to see you're interested in learning outside of school.
I came for the same reasons, there's that much stuff out there you never learn it all, you even forget a lot of stuff you once knew if you specialize too much in one field.
Anyway, I wish you luck.

US Iceman
25-07-2007, 03:19 PM
Welcome nathan,

I started a little earlier than you are, and I still remember all of the battles in trying to learn this trade.

Read anything you can find from equipment manufacturers or other suppliers and take everything you hear with a grain of salt.

Wish you the best and feel free to ask questions here. There is a lot of good material on this site.

nathan...
25-07-2007, 11:16 PM
g'day
im trying my best to take everything i hear and read on board. well thanks... i cant wait to have a real good through here... cheers

superswill
28-07-2007, 05:38 PM
welcome on board nathan

what i great idea,a school based apprenticeship.i got into this trade at 18 as a "mate" by pure luck and been doing it 7 years now but knowing what i know now and how broad this industry is,i would of loved to of got into sooner as everday day is a school day

The Viking
28-07-2007, 06:05 PM
Welcome to the madhouse....

I started a little earlier than you are, and I still remember all of the battles in trying to learn this trade.

Hey, I started some 20 odd years ago and I'm still trying to learn it:rolleyes:

But as previously said, get as much information you can, then remember what's works and forget what doesn't.

:cool:

frank
29-07-2007, 03:08 PM
hey everyone!
well my name is nathan and im 15.

Hi Nathan - welcome to the site from rainy Nottingham http://www.visitnottingham.com/

With you only being 15 I may have to look for another Avatar :D