PDA

View Full Version : Lg Cho2

Chris2005
24-07-2007, 09:46 PM
HI all ,

I am having trouble with Lg cassete systems inverter type bringing up fault code CHO2 (inlet pipe sensor error)

It has happened on two seperate systems one was fitted about 6 months ago the other about 9 months ago,

We have changed the probe on the first one which is now running o.k (so far)with a probe taken out of another unit by D+W as it was gonna take two weeks to get a replacement part.

Now it is going to take a week to get the part for the other unit which is a multy system just waiting for the other one to go faulty.(its in a dry cleaners and the customer is not smiling like the face on the unit :(

Is anyone else having this problem.

Thanks chris..

superswill
24-07-2007, 11:23 PM
never had this myself but a kind gent at LG (Graham Hendra) may be able to shed some light on this

http://mylg.co.uk/index.html

hendrag
25-07-2007, 09:43 AM
Hi im the tech Mnagaer for LGEUK

CH02 is a fault with the indoor unit coil sensor
see below

Fault code C2, CH2 or 2 flashes

Is a problem with the Indoor unit coil Thermistor,
Unplug the Thermistor from the indoor PCB and Check its resistance 10 c = 10k ohms ,20 C = 7 k Ohms, 30 c = 4 kohms

if your thermistor doesnt read these values its knackered

Alternatively the sensor can be tested while still connected to the PCB measure the DC voltage across the thermistor.

10 C = 3.2 Vdc, 20 C= 2.7 V dc, 30 C = 2.2 Vdc

if the Voltages are wrong and the thermistor passed the resistor test then its the board.

go to www.mylg.co.uk (http://www.mylg.co.uk) fault section for all fault code details

hope this helps

regards
Hendrag

Andy W
25-07-2007, 06:25 PM
Why did LG not have you 2 years ago hendrag.

Chris2005
25-07-2007, 11:26 PM
Hi hendrag,

I tested the probe it was reading 1.3 ohms at 30 c its had it,
I will get 2 off D+W i dont mind paying for the other one if it saves an unhappy customer and a 120 mile round trip.

I just want to say that Lgs artcool units are fantastic fitted four of them into the house about 6 months ago and i was more than impressed.

Keep up the good work hendrag

Thanks chris