PDA

View Full Version : Samsung RS21DCNS

Shamusdb
24-07-2007, 08:55 PM
I've got a noisy fridge fan at the back of my unit. Does anyone know how to get at it. It looks like the back is stuck on!!!

regards
Shamus

:confused:

paul_h
25-07-2007, 11:27 AM
Is this a two door side by side with twin evaporators?
Are you trying to take the fridge evaporator cover off from inside the fridge?

Shamusdb
25-07-2007, 01:37 PM
Yes it is a two door model but not sure about twin evaporator. I haven't tried accessing anything from inside the fridge compartment as I just assumed the electrical gubbins would be at the back.

Shamus

paul_h
25-07-2007, 01:46 PM
Well if it's a side by side twin cool, behind the vege draws in the fridge you'll have a cover that sticks out with some vents and clip in de odourizers near the top of it. And thats where the noise would be coming from too if you hold the door switch located higher up on the inside of the fridge for 10 seconds.
Besides the compressor or condenser fan right at the bottom at the back, there is nothing accessible from the back.

edit, had a quick google and the first link for your model is one with water and ice dispenser on the freezer door.
If you have a water dispenser on the freezer door, you have a twin evap model, and the first thing you notice behind the vege draws is the 's' shape water tank which has two screews holding them on. If you empited out all the shelves and doors you need to undo these fittings and screws, then the evap cover will come off. You have to do it forcibly but not fast, so no insulating tape tears off.

Shamusdb
25-07-2007, 09:16 PM
Thankyou very much for the advice it is most appreciated. I'll have a look at the inside and see if i can figure out what the noise is.

thanks again
Shamus:)