PDA

View Full Version : Aircon condensing units

Lucas
23-07-2007, 04:18 PM
I'm goin to install an a/c unit in my new conservatory. I want to mount condensing unit on side of house (about 7ft above ground level) Do I need planning permission or is it ok to go ahead and put up. You will be able to see condensing unit from street. (United Kingdom)

CCLPaul
23-07-2007, 05:06 PM
The only way to be sure is ask the local authority. We have a domestic customer that insisted I guarantee that permission wasnt needed, there are to be 2 small units on a wall above flat roof that cannot be seen or heard from anywhere. After asking the local authority, they said it would be a good idea even though it was unlikely it was required. That was 8 weeks ago and we are still waiting for a definite answer!!

The Viking
23-07-2007, 05:22 PM
+1

There are just to much difference between the local councils...

l'robot
23-07-2007, 05:57 PM
There are variations in councils, but in general if it can be seen or heard by neighbours or the general public you will need to investigate planning permission.

frank
23-07-2007, 08:53 PM
And don't forget that you must also inform the local electricity supplier that you are installing AC as they will need to know the maximum demand increase.

TIGA
24-07-2007, 12:37 PM
Hi Lucas,what is your observation on the surrounding? Do u see any condensing unit around? If yes then go ahead and install but if not then consult the athaurities.