PDA

View Full Version : distibutor orafice

joe magee
21-07-2007, 01:59 AM
If the orafice is to large in the distibutor of an evap coil would it cause a flooding condition? What are the conditions it would cause. We installed a 12ft mdmt case and a condensing unit and it would not pull down to suction and run a high cond temps. We have installed many of these combos and have not had an issue. The system was evacuated and a new txv installed . I installed a larger condensing unit today. It will pull down but my amp draw is high and the txv is only open one turn. the case is 18000 btus and I have a q body with a b B cartridge. I tried an A cartridge but it didn't feed to well. I was thinking maybe to large of an orafice in distributor. A spent a day giving the numbers to our engineering department to run only for them to tell me it should work.The condensing unit is a three ton unit.

Samarjit Sen
21-07-2007, 03:36 AM
The distributor orifice is to ensure proper balancing of liquid and vapour entering the Evaporator Coil. It is essential the orifice be of proper size. The TEV manufacturer would be able to provide you with the details. You may refer to Sporlon Bulletin and to Heatcrafts Engineering Manual wherein the details on distributor orifice are stated.