PDA

View Full Version : sanyo espacio floor stand air condition

bendoky
19-07-2007, 06:20 AM
:mad: hey,all. malfunction code E4 displayed and both unit are stop functioning.pls, send comment.:mad:

thnxz

paul_h
19-07-2007, 11:32 AM
I've had the misfortune of keeping some old sanyos going. Didn't get much help from them and parts are nigh on impossible to get. I think 'e4' is comms error, one of the circuit boards in either unit isn't putting out a signal on the low voltage comms line.
It either isn't getting any mains voltage to a printed circuit board, or the board itself is fried.

techguy
31-07-2007, 03:33 PM
E04 means either the outdoor PCB or the indoor PCB has lost communication with the other,

If the fault is showing on the indoor remote then the indoor PCB has lost communication with the outdoor.

Check the following

Power to the outdoor PCB
The 0.6Ma fuse on both PCBs its soldered on
If this fuse is gone
Check the control Cable
If this is OK then There is a brown plug on both indoor and outdoor PCB's marked EMG.
This is on the off side of the fuse Make sure all cables are OK as if there is anything wrong with comms cabling this can blow the PCB if this plug is used.

Providing comms cables are OK

Change the blue comms plug with the pink and blue wires into this EMG socket on Both indoor and outdoor PCB's

If this doesn't work this snip v006 off the outdoor PCB and try again

If this doesn't work its a PCB fault

99% of time its just power or this fuse

Paul I work for Sanyo if you ever need anything drop me a line I'll be happy to help.

paul_h
26-11-2007, 01:08 PM
Digging this thread up again to see if maybe you can help me then.
We've got the maintenance contract for a building with a lot of sanyo cassettes that keep going down.
I'm not blaming the gear, as these are very old units, about 14 years old.
Anyway this building is sub leased so every tennant has 1-2 of these cassettes, so they scream murder when any one of them goes down. The agents are tight arses and are replacing the units very slowly, but the problem is we still have to find a way to keep them going in the mean time.
What they normally get is comms error, but it sometimes goes away after a power reset (but returns in a few days usually)
The one I looked at today had a fault in friday, but when checked today was running fine.
It was a spwc361ah8, the other ones are spwc251s
What comms lines should there be?
checking between the two lines I had 0.24 - 5.6v AC, with the i/u only it was 0.24 - 4.88v AC, and from the o/u there was nothing.
The PCB didn't have any dry solder joints, the plugs fuses and cables are fine, and like I said the unit was running fine.
Can you get any manuals, fault codes, or info on what to test for these old units?
It's a real pain to have to go there and reset a few every week because we can't get parts for them, don't know whats wrong with them and I have no info or fault codes for them.

techguy
05-12-2007, 06:26 PM
Hi Paul,

Drop me a line the equipment is very old and I do not have manuals but all the fault codes are same accross the old and new systems.

I will forward you a manual for a later model u can use same codes. If there is an intermittened tramission fault could be any number of things
check the route of the cables and piping is it crossing or passing near any high inductive power supplies or motors IE AHU s Lift motors etc?? if so it could be getting some interference. Bad connections on the wiring or junction boxes letting in water all the usual suspects
is the wiring Screened?? if so it should only be earthed at one end. check this .

Unfortunatly regarding parts there may be none available

stewart c
27-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Hi guys, I have facing a problem of vrv error code.
Even i change all the comunication wire & individual group also can't open the ac set.The error code is e01 & e04.
I have no idea how to solve.:rolleyes:

techguy
29-06-2009, 01:30 PM
Hi Stu,

E01 is as follows

Error in receiving a signal from main indoor unit in group control.

Check the following

Outdoor unit address set not complete. Re address the system to be sure..

Individual sub / main address settings are not set for group control.

First check wiring for group setting NB> all indoor units in a group(connected to one remote) are wired together on their remote control terminals.

Then if you can access the detailled setting data.
Press buttons spanner/set and clr for 4 seconds the display will change. and code 11 will appear on right hand side of controller .

Use the temp up button to advance to code 14.

Check the setting of this It is displayed above the clock arrows. EG 99 or 0001 or 0002 .

use the unit button to scroll between the differant indoor units connected to the remote controller to check this code setting on differant indoor units

This has to be set as follows

The master unit in the group can be set to 0001
all other units in a group set to 0002.

To change this setting use clock up and down buttons and press set button to register a change.

If this does not sort your problems drop me a line
and we can try again.

One important thing only 8 indoor units can be connected as a group.
Regards

T

miguel_mitie
06-12-2010, 09:55 AM
Hi there i gettina a error code a22 on my sanyo vrf system

stufus
06-12-2010, 12:29 PM
Hi there i gettina a error code a22 on my sanyo vrf system

The only A fault code i have for Sanyo equipment is for a GHP (gas driven heatpump) and is A22-cooling water pump fault,
PM Techguy he works for Sanyo...

Brian_UK
06-12-2010, 10:43 PM
A22 can be Incorrect address setting in adaptor.

Code list...
http://uk.sanyo.com/AssetBrowser/Air%20Conditioning%20Docs/Technical/1/SANYO_Error_Codes.pdf

techguy
07-12-2010, 03:34 PM
A22 is a GHP water flow problem
Either pump has overloaded or there is combustion gas inthe coolant and this needs to be vented