PDA

View Full Version : Who's profession is the oldest?

US Iceman
18-07-2007, 08:21 PM
This is something I never expected to see taught in college classes.:eek:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/story.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10452364

NH3LVR
18-07-2007, 08:55 PM
Well, I had to look up the meaning of "Tertiary"
It seems like a more interesting course than the one they called "twilight golf"
And of course the "quality and relevance" of the school offerings is of much concern to me.
I would think that the field trips accompanying the classroom work could cause some problems on the Domestic homefront however.

US Iceman
18-07-2007, 09:14 PM
I always say... Do your research well before you have to make a presentation.:p

The Viking
18-07-2007, 09:17 PM
I always say... Do your research well before you have to make a presentation.:p

You're sure that shouldn't be penetration?

:D

US Iceman
18-07-2007, 09:33 PM
I don't think I'm prepared to make an in-depth reply to that comment.:rolleyes:

NH3LVR
18-07-2007, 09:50 PM
You're sure that shouldn't be penetration?:D

Probably-but this is a Family Show and Iceman is tring to keep it from going over a PG Rating.

The Viking
18-07-2007, 10:23 PM
Never mind, I'm all for further education whatever the subject.

And if they requires tutors, then they are welcome to call me.

chillin out
19-07-2007, 08:44 PM
Probably-but this is a Family Show and Iceman is tring to keep it from going over a PG Rating.
LOL... I think the average age on here must be 50.

(Thanks to Iceman, Frank and Brian keeping it high)

Hehehe

Chillin:):)

frank
19-07-2007, 09:11 PM
I notice they didn't give any hint as to what the course CONTENT would be..... Damn :mad:

Hi Chillin'

- just for the record, I'm not old - I was just born a little earlier than some :D

nh3wizard
19-07-2007, 09:19 PM
I was told yesterday by one of my lead mechanics, that he didnt want to hire this particular mechanic because he looked like a " 50 year old broke down mechanic" and I just looked at him and smiled, then he knew he put his foot in his mouth

US Iceman
19-07-2007, 09:54 PM
- just for the record, I'm not old - I was just born a little earlier than some :D

...because he looked like a " 50 year old broke down mechanic" and I just looked at him and smiled, then he knew he put his foot in his mouth.

Who says old people don't have a sense of humor?:D

Personally, I feel lucky to have finally gotten out of my apprenticeship program.;)

nh3wizard
20-07-2007, 06:22 PM
Who says old people don't have a sense of humor?:D

Personally, I feel lucky to have finally gotten out of my apprenticeship program.;)

There are still alot of days that I still feel like an apprentice:D

US Iceman
20-07-2007, 07:24 PM
That's true still. I learn something new almost every day. The best part is, I'm not as confused as I used to be!

monkey spanners
20-07-2007, 08:35 PM
According to my Discworld companion book, the oldest profession is that of flint knapper, a confusion that has caused many an embarrassed misunderstanding in quarries everywhere.

The second oldest profession is that of seamstress..... hem, hem!

Jon;)

Brian_UK
20-07-2007, 11:50 PM
Hey Chillin' you don't have to hide your little digs in yellow you know.

I can still read 'em :);):)

expat
21-07-2007, 02:29 PM
In hairdressing college courses they need volunteers for the trainees to try out on. Do you think it would be the same with these courses?:)

The MG Pony
28-07-2007, 07:14 PM
Thats a very good thing there, teach them about safety and such, Canada prostitution is perfectly legal, just not advertising and soliciting! We need to just flat out legalize it. Same with a certain green plant, as much as I personally dislike it, non the less it is defacto legal now, just need to get the right foot to think and move forward to the current century!

Lowrider
28-07-2007, 10:15 PM
When ever I'm working with my father, I always let him do the heavy work! The old stuff has to go out first!;)

In Holland "grass" is legal, to a certain amount, and so is prostitution (they even pay taxes!!)!! Gotta love this country!?
:confused:

evapcoil
11-08-2007, 03:16 PM
Hey Pony
What do they have to teach them? Safety and su... what? :-)

The MG Pony
15-08-2007, 07:20 PM
Like any trade there are trade specific risks, I suppose first thing as all ways would be more detailed info on how STDs are transmitted and how to deal with potentially violent situations and such. Think of it just as it is, another part of the service industry so training would pertain to the service industry!

Since there is so much idiots fighting to not have sex ED in classes in our schools there are going to be plenty of ragingly ignorant children out there that will most certainly need a proper education on risks.

Remember Abstinence only programs are stupid Mkay!

(And if a school near you is teaching such garbage be sure to enlighten them on the real harm that it does, and if you think such programs are good, go see what they actualy teach, if you aren't sick when you see what they do, go and get your own education checked as there is some thing gravely wrong!)