PDA

View Full Version : accumulator (vertical gas/liquid separator)

omer26
13-07-2007, 02:17 PM
Hi guys,

How can i size an accumulator for domestic refrigerator?

I have some documents from net but they are mostly about big systems.I can't find accumulator design methodology for refrigerators.

Have u got any documents for sizing vertical separators?

Pls help for my thesis dissertation.

US Iceman
13-07-2007, 02:46 PM
HI and welcome to the RE forums.

Why would the physics change for a smaller system capacity? The principles are the same for large systems or very small systems.

fridg
13-07-2007, 03:47 PM
Hi guys,

I have some documents from net but they are mostly about big systems.I can't find accumulator design methodology for refrigerators.

Have u got any documents for sizing vertical separators?

Pls help for my thesis dissertation.

Household fridges can do not run well with an accumulator as the cheapest method for construction is the capillary tube , which is critically charged.

Where is it going to be located ?

Why not use the coil.

monkey spanners
13-07-2007, 04:49 PM
On bigger systems they need to have a big enough volume to be able to hold at least half the total system charge as a minimum. I think for a domestic fridge sized system you will be limited as to what you can by off the shelf, unless you will be making it youself.

Jon

TXiceman
13-07-2007, 06:31 PM
Look on the net for AC&R. They make a standard line of accumulators and sizing is based on refrigerant and evaporating temperature. Do not go too large in size and watch the note about minimum capacity. Too low and the velocity in the pick up tube will not return oil.

Ken

omer26
17-07-2007, 12:06 PM
Thanks for all your helps.

omer26
17-07-2007, 12:10 PM
Where is it going to be located ?

Why not use the coil.

It is going to be located after evap. and before compressor.