PDA

View Full Version : Help with R-410A Condenser in EU

Seng
12-07-2007, 07:32 PM
Our company has been manufacturing R-410A in the US market and now marketing wants to export to Europe. We are facing problems with PED. They want the testing pressure to 1.1 times the working pressure. As you all know, the working pressure for the R-410A is high, To test the condenser at that condition might damage the compressor (at the low side) and will require at of safety precausion. Anybody have any idea to get around this? Any suggestion is appreciated.

The Viking
12-07-2007, 08:57 PM
I must be missing something here...

As long as you pressurise the whole system (suction and discharge) to the same pressure, what part of the compressor could fail? (apart from the casing that is, which should take the pressure without any problems).

Brian_UK
12-07-2007, 09:07 PM
I am always amazed that a manufacturer, who should have access to ALL of the required technical and relevant Standards, asks this sort of question in the public domain.

It doesn't inspire any confidence in me at all.

old gas bottle
12-07-2007, 09:12 PM
not sure of what you are wanting to test but if the systems have service valves on the compressor,cant you shut them off and test the system from then on,other thing is R404A is a high pressure refrigerant but the compressor is designed to work at those pressures,if a condenser fan motor failed the pressure would be right up there possibly close to the pressure test,i would test the lot compressor included,it just might be more benificial overhall, you do hear of suction valves getting damaged but i have never had it.;)

Seng
12-07-2007, 10:20 PM
The unit itseft has the high pressure and low pressure switch to take care the safety. The compressor has internal overload to handle the abnormal pressure. I am confident that it can handle. What I am looking for is how others handle this? There are extra equipments and safety involved. In the US, certified agency understands manufacturer's problem but I am not sure about in Europe.

Brian_UK
12-07-2007, 10:35 PM
<snip>...but I am not sure about in Europe.You need to check with the relevant authority regarding EU Standards.