PDA

View Full Version : I need to build two coldrooms

alpha
05-10-2002, 04:37 PM
Hello all...

Right, i have a question(or ten), i need to build two coldrooms...
Family friend has just bought a farm blah,blah and wants two coldrooms...one freezer for -22degC and a chiller for +2degC.

Both rooms are going to be 6ft deep 6ft width and 6ft tall, i have no idea of wall thicknesses etc as of yet, but i am just wondering if there were any sites on the internet that can select condensor units and evaporators for you...

I have seen some software somewhere before, where all you do is type in the spec of the coldroom...i.e insulation,thickness etc... what product,what ambient blah,blah... and the software selects what you need...perhaps one of the manufactures has this kind of software, but what i am really looking for is somewhere i can download this software if poss so i can have a play...

Coldrooms arent really my industry....
i was going to modify a transport unit, but i need two, so i think this is the way to go....

What do you rekon.... two condensor units and two evaps(seperate systems) or is it possible to use one condensor unit and two evaps?

And as for refrigerants, my guess...freezer 404a? chiller 134a?
I want both units to have electric defrost and the evaporators/compressor will be controlled by digital display thermostat(eliwell or similar), preferd t/stat cut out method?.....thermostat switches contactor for compressor, or to pump down by using a soleniod valve.

I have fitted up a few small coldrooms before, so the piping and wiring isnt a problem...just the selection...

Can anyone help?
Much appreciated...thanx..

Andy
06-10-2002, 12:03 PM
Hi, Alpha:)
If you are in the UK Dean and Wood have a selection program available from their site.http://dean-wood.co.uk
They also have contact details for technical assistance, this you will need if your are sizing your first rooms.
As a starter 3-4" thick for chill insulation and 5-5" thick for deepfreezer dependant on material chosen and final room temp.

If you download the program and require any help feel free to post. The program will select standard D&W equipment, you may need a hand selecting the pricise configuration needed.
Regards. Andy.

alpha
06-10-2002, 12:26 PM
Thanks for that Andy...yep, im in the UK, i will have a look on D&W site, cheers... kind of looking forward to this, makes one hell of a change from transport...

Any questions, and i know where im gonna ask...be ready lol...

Much appreciated..ta..:D

frank
06-10-2002, 03:45 PM
You can also download an equipment selection program from www.prestcold.com/link.cfm but you need to know what your duty required is

frank

stevec
14-10-2002, 01:31 AM
What about refering your query to a sigificant refrigeration wholesaler. They would proberly do the calcs for you and select the correct equipment(albeit theirs) for you, maybe assist in supplying the room as job lot or at least tell you where to get it.

Regards
Steve