PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi SRK 40 HG Fault Code. Help Please.

smoking_muzzle
10-07-2007, 10:18 PM
I am experiencing the following error code on my SRK40 HG air conditioning unit. The unit has the run light on permanently and the timer light flashes 5 times. I have referred to the self diagnosis function chart, am I right in thinking that the compressor is overheating. The service valve is fully open. How do I determine whether I have a gas shortage or a defective discharge pipe sensor. The unit runs fine for approximately 1 hour in auto or cool mode before it shuts down. After a while the unit can be restarted but shuts down again after an hour.

Is there any service documentation available that showns a diagram of the parts that can be changed.

The system is approximately 3 months old and all has been working fine. The indoor and outdoor unit have approximately 1 metre of pipe connecting the two and a vacuum pump was used prior to opening the service valve. There are no visible leaks of refrigerant inside or out. This has been my first air con installation. I feel that I have used the correct tools and methods.

Any ideas or help much appreciated.

alex242
10-07-2007, 11:12 PM
hope this helps mate

TIMER lamp is flashing.
(5 Time flash.)
Abnormality of outdoor
unit.
¡ Compressor is defective.
¡ Capacitor is defective.
¡ Insufficient refrigerant
RUN lamp is
lights
continuously.

Brian_UK
10-07-2007, 11:31 PM
What level of vacuum was achieved before you opened the service valve?

What was the strength test pressure and also the pressure test pressure and time period?

It sounds more like a leak than a faulty sensor, can you see the connections behind the indoor unit?

smoking_muzzle
11-07-2007, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the replies

I can not see the pipes behind the indoor unit without disconnecting from outdoors and removing it from the wall. What would be a tell tale sign of a leak? If I have had a leak, I presume my system would need recharging.

Is there anyone on this site near Sleaford, Lincolnshire who would be willing to undertake this work. Any ideas on what this would cost?