PDA

View Full Version : Loosing Oil

Sinke
09-07-2007, 10:54 PM
...Hi all..
I have problem,a big problem,with SMC180...
...he consume every 3 day ten litres...
...I put new cilindres and everythig else new and put in him sythentic oil,called "ZEROL 350"....
...I have on suction side 2 bar pressure and 10 deegres temperature....
....on discarge side I have 10 to 12 bar (depends of outside temperature) and 120 to 140 deegre temperature of gas on discarge....
...filters and returning oil from oil separator is OK...
...is there posibility that this oil is not for that temperature...
...thanks ....

taz24
09-07-2007, 11:12 PM
...Hi all..
...I put new cilindres and everythig else new and put in him sythentic oil,called "Zolone"....
...I have on discarge side about 120 to 140 deegres,temperatures of gas....
...thanks ....

You can't loose the oil!!
It must still be in the system, otherwise you have one heck of a problem not only with the oil but refrigerant.
Are you taking the oil out of the system else where?
Do you have an oil seperator in line?

Cheers taz.

Andy
09-07-2007, 11:59 PM
...Hi all..
...I put new cilindres and everythig else new and put in him sythentic oil,called "Zolone"....
...I have on discarge side about 120 to 140 deegres,temperatures of gas....
...thanks ....

Hi Sinke:)
what about the oil return line from the separator to the compressor, is this working correctly. Also you discharge temperature is a little high, 120 deg c would be high enough.
Please let us know all the temperatures and pressures and we will try to help.

Kind Regards Andy:)

HGS
10-07-2007, 04:39 AM
Hi.

I will also say that you must check the oil return line.Often it will be filled with dirt especialy if running on ammonia and the plant is old.i belive there is a filter also

The oil will proberly be in seperator or evaprators.

HGS

Terry Collins
10-07-2007, 03:00 PM
I had the same problem with an SMC 100 years ago. Check that your oil seperator is returning. Is there a sight glass in the oil return line??. Is the compressor running unloaded a lot. They tend to throw oil more when they are unloaded. What oil pressure are you running. Too high will tend to throw over the oil. These Sabroes tend to run at high speed, so everything must be spot on to minimise oil carry-over.More info will mean we can give you more help.Other than cylinder liners, what else did you replace??.

Sinke
10-07-2007, 08:45 PM
You can't loose the oil!!
It must still be in the system, otherwise you have one heck of a problem not only with the oil but refrigerant.
Are you taking the oil out of the system else where?
Do you have an oil seperator in line?

Cheers taz.

...Of course,that oil is in system,more problem for me..
...Sabroe 180SMC have oil separator,and it's clean like babes face,and all filters are clean too....

Sinke
10-07-2007, 08:59 PM
I had the same problem with an SMC 100 years ago. Check that your oil seperator is returning. Is there a sight glass in the oil return line??. Is the compressor running unloaded a lot. They tend to throw oil more when they are unloaded. What oil pressure are you running. Too high will tend to throw over the oil. These Sabroes tend to run at high speed, so everything must be spot on to minimise oil carry-over.More info will mean we can give you more help.Other than cylinder liners, what else did you replace??.
...Oil is returning from separator line,and filter is clean also,there is no glass on return line...
....Compressor is going 24 hours a day and he is almoust always full charge...
...Oil pressure is 4 bar like in sabroe books...
...I replace almoust everything(I must find dictionary for so many spare parts)the mashine is from 1978 year,and I have five more,but they are in perfect condition,but they don't work at same pressure and temperature...

Lowrider
10-07-2007, 11:06 PM
So what you are saying is the one you worked on is running with lower pressures than the other ones?

What are the pressures, temps, what refrigirant and setpoint?

faryuki
12-07-2007, 04:17 AM
[quote=Sinke;72340]...Hi all..

Hi Sinke,

Please check for your running hour for overhaul your compressor. You have to check the cylinder sleeve clearance and then also you have to make sure that not much oil carry over with do mechanical test run for your compressor.
Have you follow the maintenance program from sabroe?
Oil separator also check for the performance.

GHAZ
12-07-2007, 11:14 PM
Hello Sinke the oil loss could be due oil foaming in the sump,or slightly worn bearings.for the discharge temperature it could be that the discharge vavle seats are worn and letting back.i say this because i had similar problem with a 8 cyclinder gram and when i fully overhauled it ,with in about 3 minutes it bought back about 70 litres of oil .

TXiceman
13-07-2007, 03:31 AM
Another source of excessive oil usage in a recip is worn or cracked rings. How many hours on the machine since the last top-end job and/or major overhaul?

Ken

Sinke
13-07-2007, 08:36 PM
Another source of excessive oil usage in a recip is worn or cracked rings. How many hours on the machine since the last top-end job and/or major overhaul?

Ken
...I think it's been before two months...
...and then I put new cilindres and rings of course...

Sinke
13-07-2007, 08:47 PM
[quote=Sinke;72340]...Hi all..

Hi Sinke,

Please check for your running hour for overhaul your compressor. You have to check the cylinder sleeve clearance and then also you have to make sure that not much oil carry over with do mechanical test run for your compressor.
Have you follow the maintenance program from sabroe?
Oil separator also check for the performance.

...Yes I foolow the sabroe instruction(I have two books for SMC180),also Oil separator is clean...
...and I every year work overhaul for the rest 5 compressors,and everything is OK...
...but the rest compressors are on the first stage...
...thanks...

Sinke
13-07-2007, 08:55 PM
Hello Sinke the oil loss could be due oil foaming in the sump,or slightly worn bearings.for the discharge temperature it could be that the discharge vavle seats are worn and letting back.i say this because i had similar problem with a 8 cyclinder gram and when i fully overhauled it ,with in about 3 minutes it bought back about 70 litres of oil .

....that's very interesting opinion....
...I must think about that...

US Iceman
13-07-2007, 09:16 PM
...but the rest compressors are on the first stage...

Is the compressor loosing oil a low-stage compressor that discharges to the high-stage compressors then?

What is the suction and discharge superheat on the problem compressor?

Sinke
13-07-2007, 10:16 PM
Is the compressor loosing oil a low-stage compressor that discharges to the high-stage compressors then?

What is the suction and discharge superheat on the problem compressor?

...yeah I think so...
....superheat is so familiar word to me, but I don't know exactly what that mean....
...thanks...