PDA

View Full Version : Make do & mend....that'll never work!

weeksy
09-07-2007, 01:09 PM
Or will it...
.....I was chatting to a mate of mine over the weekend who told me a tale of a fella he knew in Kent.
Whilst on a job, he came back to his van to find a couple of kids letting 2 of his tyres down....

no foot pump, only 1 spare.....

Apparently he "charged" his tryes with R407C:eek: got him home & he assures me that the bloke then recovered the gas:D

mug
18-07-2007, 10:15 PM
my dad used to blow up my bike tyres with r22 when i was a lad! Ahh the good old days! Nitrogen is the gas of choice now. Its what they use in race car's / bikes (does'nt expand with heat)! Wonder if my white van will benifit???????

Thermatech
19-07-2007, 01:40 PM
Lorrys often have tyres inflated with Dry Nitrogen also. Something to do with the nitrogen atom size which does not tend to creep out through the tyre rubber as easily as air.
I have been using it for years to pump up tyres instead of using air compressor down at the garage.
Once you have filled up with dry nitrogen you never have to check tyre pressure again until the tyre is worn out or you get puncture.

monkey spanners
19-07-2007, 10:16 PM
Its the oxygen that leaks out if you use air.

The Viking
19-07-2007, 10:23 PM
Its the oxygen that leaks out if you use air.

M S,

Borrow a Corgi registered guy's gas analyser and find an old trailer or caravan that still got tyres on but haven't been touched for a couple of years.
Then check the O2 level in the tyres..........
;)