PDA

View Full Version : Soda pop machine blues...

vending
08-07-2007, 01:53 PM
Hello!
I am new to this post. Sorry for being stupid with my questions. I have a soda pop machine route and one of my machines I noticed on the inside had a ice build-up that had formed on this tubing that is possibly the evaporator tubing. It runs along under where the drinks are and is in front of this finned thingy and there's an adjustable thermostat control right in front of all that. Last night when I got there, the ice was about the size of a two inch pvc pipe. Could there be a fan back in behind there that if it went bad it will cause this to freeze up and ultimately stop the box from cooling? I turned the thermostat off so that the compressor is not still trying to run and plan to have a ref service man check it on Monday. Any ideas what I'm up against? The machine is still plugged in and warm pop cans can still be bought, but I had no way without moving two very large machines by myself and at 11:30 P.M. at night in a nursing home, that just couldn't be done, or I would have left it off from power. Hope this gives enough info for troubleshooting. Machine is 9 years old.
Thanks!
Gary

fatboydim
11-07-2007, 06:36 PM
without knowing what sort of soda/pop fridge you have, its near impossible to give any kind of advice....... when the ice is forming, does it start in one corner then spread? or, is it a nice even ice build up? if its in a corner, it could be a gas problem, if its even, it could be that you do have a broken fan.... not much help, but its a start