PDA

View Full Version : Fan Static pressure

Herschmidt
08-07-2007, 01:45 AM
Hi Guys:

Where can I find the static pressure of diferent kind of air handlers, I tried on Trane and Carrier site, but I didnt have luck.

Thanks for any input.

Hernan

Samarjit Sen
08-07-2007, 03:17 AM
Static Pressure is the difference between the pressure inside the application and the pressure in ambient or outside. These are generally measured in terms of inches or in mm of H2O.

You will get the details of the Static Pressures if you refer to any of the fan manufacturers Catalogs or rating charts. SP is related with fans. You can refer to Loren Cook Catalogs or to Greenheck catalogs.

This is a very interesting subject as based on SP the performance of the fan varies. If you want further information on SP or on Fans, you may let me know.

Brian_UK
09-07-2007, 12:15 AM
The manufacturers should be able to make their product suit the pressure requirement that you have, not the other way round.

Samarjit Sen
09-07-2007, 03:35 AM
As Brian UK suggested that you contact the manufacturers of the air handlers and state your requirement of cfm, sp and the air velocity. They will give you the proper item.

For any air handler, it is very important that proper cfm, static pressure and the air velocity be maintained.

fridg
13-07-2007, 04:43 PM
http://www.fantech.com.au/

Samarjit Sen
15-07-2007, 08:56 AM
Hi Herschmidt,

The information that is being sought by you can only be provided by the AHU manufacturer. If you can give the details of your air handling system ie the cfm, coil dimensions, the velocity you propose to maintain, the duct layout etc, then the required SP can be worked out.