PDA

View Full Version : OFN Pressure testing hoses.

Teknicool
07-07-2007, 02:55 PM
Hi guys, i am a bit new at this so please be bear with me...

I went to BOC this week to get some hose for pressure testing with Oxigen Free Nitro. The chap behind the counter kindly informed me that the HSE have now stated that our normal gauge hoses are no longer suitable for presure testing and we must now be using hoses that are steel wire braided for all pressure testing.

Can any one clarify whether the legislation is on the use of hoses for nitro pressure testing.

Regards

Teknicool

stuartwking
07-07-2007, 03:23 PM
Cant understand why you cant use normal gauge lines since they are tested to 780psi by manufacturer. First i have heard about using steel braided hoses,

Teknicool
07-07-2007, 03:37 PM
Cant understand why you cant use normal gauge lines since they are tested to 780psi by manufacturer. First i have heard about using steel braided hoses,
Hi Stuart, thanks for the reply.
It is th first that i have heard of this also, that is why i am asking the Q...

Regards
Tek.

The MG Pony
07-07-2007, 06:14 PM
Perhaps some thing to do with your new F gas law?

Pooh
07-07-2007, 07:59 PM
I have heard nothing cant see it being FGas and does anybody make braided hoses with shraeder pushers in them? I will have a ring round monday and see what I can find out.

Ian

Andy P
07-07-2007, 10:55 PM
I think it depends whether your pressure test is a strength test or a "tightness" test - if it is a strength test (ie just after an install or repair and before the tightness test) then HSE would state that it is not possible for you to be sufficiently far from the item under test if you are using standard refrigerant charging hoses. It's nothing to do with the strength of the hose, it's the length that's important

cheers

Andy P

stuartwking
08-07-2007, 01:26 AM
I still do not see the issue with using standard gauge lines,regardless of the test you are doing you can still use normal lines up to there test pressure, from purging to r410a strength test there fine,Maybe the guy at BOC was mistaking.

Teknicool
08-07-2007, 11:41 AM
He is probably gathering gossip like an old lady and passing it on to the engineers well embellished and the guy who started it, is probably having a good chuckle....***T

Tek.