PDA

View Full Version : Air Test

bernard
04-07-2007, 07:28 PM
Had a call last week at midnight,when I arrived at store I found there were contractors on site carry out an air test on the shop floor,they thought the refrigeration packs were air handling units so they switched them off:eek::eek:

After a few*XX*** words I left.

How do you carry out an air test,they had some huge fans that just blew everthing of the shelves.

Cheers Bernard

Brian_UK
04-07-2007, 07:50 PM
All depends what an 'air test' is I suppose, sounds odd though.

Only a couple of reasons that I can think of....

Smoke removal

Building air leakage, but why, they leave the doors open ;)

bernard
04-07-2007, 08:00 PM
Hi Brian

Not sure what was going on,they had to stop all air flow on shop floor,because they could not shut the packs down they taped the plant room door up,they placed huge fans around the store and proceeded to blow.

Regard Bernard:confused:

Brian_UK
04-07-2007, 08:21 PM
even more confused now :)

Were the fans inside or outside the store?

bernard
04-07-2007, 08:26 PM
Hi

They were at one end of the store inside,I spoke to the night manager a few days later,she told me that they blew some stock of the shelves.Whether they moved the fan around I,m not sure.:confusedThe store is having a extension if thats any help.

Regards Bernard

Brian_UK
04-07-2007, 08:57 PM
I wonder if it is something to do with fire regulations?

If the store is to be extended then perhaps they need to know about airflows to clear the store of smoke.

Or maybe they are going to make all the shelving aerodynamic, me minds gone now - forgotten where I wasa going with this thought so I'll go now. ;)

chillin out
04-07-2007, 10:32 PM
This is a weird one.

Maybe they were using the fans as a big vacuum cleaner to dust the store...lol

If the store is to be extended then perhaps they need to know about airflows to clear the store of smoke.
You would have thought they could have used a simulator for this?

Would like to find out the reason behind this.

Chillin:):)