PDA

View Full Version : Toyo Carrier heat pump wiring diagram

expat
04-07-2007, 05:28 PM
Hi everyone, I got a job disinfecting the fan coils in a laboratory the other day.

The system had two Carrier 30GW005920-21 heat pumps. There was no documentation as the system is quite old so I contacted Carrier who faxed me what they had on file.

The idea was too get a better understanding of the system in case of a future problem.

I wonder if anyone can help me dicipher some of this diagram.

All I've got so far is COMP FM TRAN CAP LPS HPS;

Any input gratefully received.

Brian_UK
04-07-2007, 08:07 PM
Hi Expat, I think I've got most of them but not 100% sure, give you a start anyway....:)

COMP - compressor
FM - Fan motor
HR - fault relay (normally needs a power-off reset)
C - compressor contactor
TM - start delay timer
HPS - high pressure switch
LPS - low pressure switch
TRAN - transformer
OL - overload
CR - control relay (needs to be ON for it all to work)
CWTC - ?
LWTC - ? something water ?
CWFS - chilled water flow switch
CWPS - chilled water pressure switch
CH - crankcase heater
F - fuse
IP - ?

Bottom half of low voltage diagram (below TRANS) is often circuitry external to the unit itself, such as safety switches and thermostat controls etc.

Hope this helps.

expat
04-07-2007, 08:33 PM
Thanks for your help Brian, it's given me more clues but there are still some things I need to investigate.

I'm going to study the schematic a little more with your input.

Thanks and I'll report back if I come up with anything more.

Alastair.

tnv_giri
15-01-2010, 12:35 PM
Carrier chiller 30GNP 420A --910 model wiring diagram, comp. model 06EF26 56 10

tnv_giri
15-01-2010, 12:56 PM
[quote=tnv_giri;173960]Carrier chiller 30GNP 420A --910 model wiring diagram, comp. model 06EF26 56 10

tnv_giri
15-01-2010, 01:21 PM
Thanks,Can anybody help me in getting the wiring diagram of multi stage compressor manual operation Carrier wiring diagram, comp. model 06E, as iam kept in dialenma,i came to know that toyo carrier is having this type of multistage compresspor Air Cooled Chillers,please help me out.

Argus
15-01-2010, 02:01 PM
Hi Expat, I think I've got most of them but not 100% sure, give you a start anyway....:)

COMP - compressor
FM - Fan motor
HR - fault relay (normally needs a power-off reset)
C - compressor contactor
TM - start delay timer
HPS - high pressure switch
LPS - low pressure switch
TRAN - transformer
OL - overload
CR - control relay (needs to be ON for it all to work)
CWTC - ?
LWTC - ? something water ?
CWFS - chilled water flow switch
CWPS - chilled water pressure switch
CH - crankcase heater
F - fuse
IP - ?

Bottom half of low voltage diagram (below TRANS) is often circuitry external to the unit itself, such as safety switches and thermostat controls etc.

Hope this helps.

Searching deep in the memory banks came up with this......

CWTC = Chilled Water Temperature Controller. The main control thermostat - sensing the return water temperature.

LWTC = Low Water Temperature Controller. A manual re-set safety thermostat, usually set at about 3 to 4 degrees, sensing the leaving water temperature

IP = Internal Protector. A thermistor or the like embedded in the compressor windings.

HR = Holding Relay - a relay / latch mechanism that keeps the unit out pending a manual reset.

TM = The timer motor prevented compressor restart for a minimum of 6 minutes, though many of them had a set of small dogs on the shaft that could be advanced with a screwdriver.

The dotted lines in the 24 v circuit denote site wiring and the selector switch 'S' was a small rotary switch that could be mounted remotely for the customer to use.
They were usually jettisoned in favour of a time switch.

Brian_UK
15-01-2010, 07:04 PM
Thanks Argus,

Glad to have the final details.

Even if it did take three and a half years :D:D:D

(Sorry, couldn't resist)
B