PDA

View Full Version : investigating an EO daikin error

philjd26
03-07-2007, 06:18 PM
today i was looking at this problem and was checking fans compressor etc.... whilst checking parts had a few things i am not sure about....when checking the fans,and knowing that one out of the two fans has a high/low speed,i was checking for voltage going to the fan,i got 230v on the low cable and 400v to earth on the high cable,the seemed to be running on high speed, anybody know why?? also if there is a shortage of gas in the ssystem does the inverter module detect it in anyway as i was waiting 15 mins and no sign of the inverter ramping up....the reason i ask is 5 out of 6 controllers displayed EO and 1 displayed e4 which i thunk is low pressure...might the oc protection be activating due to high tenp on inverter????

superswill
03-07-2007, 11:47 PM
EO action of safty device on outdorr unit

ive had this a few times and some funny results

overcharged
faulty fan safty switch
faulty LP/HP

but the last few times it was the condenser fan safty

coolments
03-07-2007, 11:54 PM
Hi

Not sure on the model your working on but

E0 = Outdoor Activation of outdoor safety device, most likely to be over heat of compressor (some times E5 depending on model) if your also getting E4 (low pressure).

Reclaim the gas and measure how much is in I think is your best course of action. If found short then a pressure test is next.

frank
04-07-2007, 08:46 PM
Do a search on the forum for Daikin fault codes. Most of this has been discussed in the past and the answer is probably there.

philjd26
04-07-2007, 09:20 PM
thanks for replys, what is the safty for the fans is internal switch or? two fans were running ok, what type of resistance should i get on the windings? measure resistance to earth on inverter compressor and there is a slight grounding,maybe compressor?

superswill
04-07-2007, 10:59 PM
sorry i ment the fan thermal protection device but like you say if there running(are both working?) it may be worth going with coolments and checking the charge as E0 can mean a host of thing as its just point to "outdoor safty" but i have mainlvfound it to be the compresor overload or fan s

http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8449&highlight=daikin

http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8399&highlight=daikin

try these past thread or failing that theres daikins tec help number,but wheres the fun in that

superswill
04-07-2007, 11:07 PM
just found an old word doc a mate send me years ago on the this

DAIKIN FDY250F7V1 OUTDOOR
FAULT FINDING
IF EO FAULT CODE COMES ON REMOTE CONTROLLER . NOTE DONOT SWICH OFF POWER TO OUTDOOR UNIT
EO IS PROTECTIVE DEVICES HAVE ACTIVETED ON OUT DOOR UNIT .
FIRST CHECK X23A ON CONNECTOR ON PCB .YOU SHOULD HAVE CONTINUITY ACROSS CONNECTOR .IF SO THE COMPRESSOR OVERLOAD HAS NOT TRIPPED .
X23A IS A CONNECTOR FROM A SUB BOARD WHICH CONNECTS ON TO THE MAIN BOARD . IF THE COMPRESSOR OVERLOAD TRIPS YOU THEN LOOSE A 240V FEED TO THE SUB BOARD WHICH THEN DROPS OUT A NORMALLY CLOSED CONTACT EG/X23A . THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE RESET IS TO TURN OF THE POWER TO THE OUTDOOR UNIT

philjd26
04-07-2007, 11:12 PM
hi mate,thanks for info... gives me more to work off will take a look tomorrow..

philjd26
19-07-2007, 05:27 PM
hi lads just want to run some bits n pieces by you about this problem....i have been back and forth to this job for a while can get a good run at the problem as very busy with other jobs,however whilst ther for a while today took a couple of measurements, same error was up on controller e0...nothing tripped out side so i looking at a refigerant problem.......

reset same, ran system in full cooling for a 1hr..suction pressure 3.5 bar...suction temp 18C(note the high superheat)... also liquid line sweating(signs of pre expansion) i know ther is a couple of filters there didnt get a chance to look for them...service checker would be handy but aint got one....also ran the system in heat mode aqnd took a look on code 41..discharge temp was gettin as high as 78c which i thought was fairly high or am i good, any thoughts i would appreciate ....

cheers

The Viking
19-07-2007, 06:45 PM
In heating mode 78c is normal or even a tad low.

The discharge temp can go above 100c

frank
19-07-2007, 09:21 PM
The E0 error code can relate to either the fan thermisters (internal) on the grey wires or the compressor overload.