PDA

View Full Version : Sabroe flake ice machine

claude11
03-07-2007, 05:39 PM
I'm having a problem with a sabroe ice machine . It has a float liquid level control . Lately I've notice that it would shut off with nothing tripped . I attached a manifold and spent an hour watching the pressure go from 8 psi to 2 psi and back again . Just be for it shut off , the pressure continued to drop below 2 psi to 6 inches Hg . I'm thinking the float is sticking close . any one else have a different opinion

Grizzly
17-12-2007, 05:49 PM
claude.
Are you still out there, if so is this problem still ongoing/ If so let us know. And I will respond.
Grizzly
By the way is this a Finsam Plant?

pemo
20-12-2007, 09:28 AM
Claude. Just drop me a note. We are making the Sabroe iceflakers these days.

Pooh
20-12-2007, 01:45 PM
claude
what refrigerant are you on and I presume it is a low side float control?

Ian

claude11
21-12-2007, 08:01 PM
found the problem . The liquid line solenoid would cut in but no liquid would flow . replaced the diaphragm and now it works fine
Grizzly , I'm situated in Newfoundland , Canada ( just across the big pond !!)

Grizzly
21-12-2007, 09:10 PM
found the problem . The liquid line solenoid would cut in but no liquid would flow . replaced the diaphragm and now it works fine
Grizzly , I'm situated in Newfoundland , Canada ( just across the big pond !!)

Thanks for replying Claude.
Landed in Newfoundland in late January enroute to Belise. Ambient -10 in a flying fridge ( Hercules).
You say Sabroe Ice Machine, is it all Sabroe or is that just the Compressors?
The reason I ask is my colleague and I look after 2 Finsam Flake Ice Plants (80ton & 100ton per 24hrs)
Lots of interesting stories there!
Cheers Grizzly http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif